Last weekend we headed for the beach, not realizing until after we'd packed up the entire car and headed down the road (it's about an hour's drive) that we might have needed to check the weather forecast. Gray clouds all around and drove through some showers. But when you've gone through the trouble of packing up and dressing for everything you would need at the beach, you're committed! Plus sometimes it's very different right on the coast than it is inland. So onward we went. And despite getting out of the car once we arrived and it sprinkling, it turned out to be a great day! The clouds kept the big crowds away and also the heat! It was such a nice day to go to the beach afterall. I seriously did not even feel hot (unlike today which is predicted to be a nice 100 degrees - bleck!).
I love beach photos but forgot the camera so it is all iPhone pictures. They turned out fine for a lot of them but some of my favorites look like dookie. Yes, I said dookie.
Anyway, so here are just a few of the photos from the day:
Here's one of Mike and the big girls going out into the waves. At first Reagan was with them too, but do you see that big sailboat on the horizon? Reagan came running back because she thought it was a whale! So precious. I probably would think that too if I was a kid.
After many tries, Mackenzie finally mastered flying the kite by herself - getting it up in the air and everything!
These feet are my attempt at artistic photography...
Ashley wanted to make a sand angel. Maybe some other day but today I vetoed it. I really didn't want the sand cleanup when I got home. Been there, done that.
I told Reagan to pose and instantly she did this:
Ashley rubbing sand on Reagan's face, after we had just cleaned Reagan from being covered in sand.
Sand castle construction: Except it wasn't finished. Thunder was starting to pick up and it looked like we'd stayed our welcome. Though in hindsight it never really did anything so we could have stayed. We needed to go eat lunch anyway so it's just as well.
The new Pleasure Pier in Galveston! We decided to go check it out and were hoping to maybe eat at Texas' first Bubba Gump's restaurant which we are very excited about.
Well, at nearly 3 in the afternoon the wait was still 1 hour and 45 minutes but luckily they had an express window and some tables outside. Worked for us!
Afterwards the kids were hoping to at least ride a couple rides. I honestly just figured we would since we were there (there are several kiddie rides plus a few really big ones), but I guess hubby wasn't up for it. We did at least get some ice cream before heading home.
It was a good time. Actually perfect beach weather. Doubtfully the last time we see a beach this summer. But seriously I really like living close to Galveston. It's not pretty but there is a LOT to do there. And the kids don't care that the water is brown. To them a beach is a beach. And I like to be where the action is. Something hubby and I sometimes disagree on. He wants to be removed and relaxed (something that I find impossible to do when kids are around). I like the action. Might as well be there when with kids anyway, as long as the action doesn't involve us losing our kids. But Galveston has lots to do and lots of restaurants and it's a fun getaway whether it's the weekend or the day. But if you had to take a plane to get to it, I wouldn't do it. If you had take a plane there are MUCH better places to go. :)



We, sadly, do not live anywhere near a beach, but a few years ago we learned to love overcast and slighlty rainy days. Gloomy enough to drive others away, but still nice enough to enjoy ourselves. I'm glad you guys had such a great outing!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of Reagan's pose. What a ham!