You know what happens when you go to the grocery store with four kids? You come home with all kinds of snacks, junk toys, and things that look like this:
This is a New Zealand horned melon. It was just so interesting that everyone wanted to try it. So I thought why not?
Well, here's "why not":
It tastes about as bad as it looks.
First I thought it smelled like fresh cut grass. Mackenzie said it smelled like a tomato but then changed her mind. Kaitlyn said it smelled like a sour apple. I concluded it smells just like a really green banana and kind of tastes like you're eating a green banana peel. The juice actually kind of tastes like a cross between lime and the most sour apple you could ever imagine. I don't know why anyone would want to eat this. And it cost $5. So I looked it up online. Here's a link as to how to eat this fruit.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/horned-melon-how-to-eat.html
If anyone tries it, I'd love to hear what YOU think.

Wow...i have never seen one of these and we usually get the NZ fruits here in Oz! Sounds and looks awful but at least the kids learnt something new lol!!
ReplyDelete