Last week Kaitlyn, Ashley and Reagan got to participate in a gymnastics show at their gym. Kaitlyn was pretty uneasy about it so I bribed her to do it. You never know what something's like until you try, right? Sometime I will have to write a whole separate post on that whole subject, but I'll just keep it about the event for now.
It was a bit chaotic because it was for the whole gym, all smushed into one night, but still it was nice to see a year-end event as a reward for their hard work.
Here's Kaitlyn smiling at us from her back bend. On the floor this year she is currently working on and perfecting roundoffs. And though I don't really see her class do it, I've seen her do a kickover out of her back bend before. Wonder if she can do it again?
And on the bars - At the show, for the second time (she had done it once and only once before), Kaitlyn did a pullover on her own on the low bar, and a back-hip circle! While I know she didn't really want to participate, it's amazing what kids can and will do when they know others are watching. I was very excited for her!
Ashley did very well! Ashley has plenty of strength and energy and is probably well-suited for gymnastics. We'll see what happens with her. Her favorite part was watching some of the team members do the high bar. You could hear her going "Wow! Cool!" above the crowd while everyone was watching them perform.
And Reagan has done well too. Reagan is full of grace and is very careful but coordinated in all her moves.
And in the end, they all got medals for participating! Way to go, girls! Especially Ashley and Reagan earning their very first medal! (That is if you don't include the Chuck E Cheese birthday medal they got back in January!)
Watch out, Mary Lou Retton! These girls are making waves!
No comments:
Post a Comment