Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Artist and the Tormented Soul (Or Should I Say Demented?)

Here is the picture I found the other day that one of my twins drew.



When I first called her the tormented soul, everyone assumed she drew herself as the girl falling into the water.

But Moms always know the real deal, right? I never once thought that was her. Instead, she is with the group laughing at the other girl falling into the water (who bears resemblance to her dear twin). So you tell me, tormented, or demented?

She didn't admit it at first but she fessed up later. Actually, she was mad about something, and as disturbing as this picture is, it's actually a pretty healthy way for her to express her anger. We just need to hide it away (except that I just wrote about it publicly). Way to go, Mom! (Yes, that's me talking to myself.)

On the upside, aren't her shark and gator excellent drawings?

2 comments:

  1. I woke up before my kids this morning, and was spending some time just kind of blog hopping. I am so glad I came upon this post this morning. It made me laugh right out loud. That is just absolutely hilarious. And yes - her shark and gator are quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you posted this on fb and I thought that poor Kaitlyn had drawn this picture of herself crying and being taunted by others. Pouring her pain onto the paper. Quite the tormented soul.
    Nope. She's imagining her twin sister being eaten by sharks and alligators while she laughs.

    I can not tell you how much that makes me laugh.

    I agree with you. i think this is a perfectly healthy way to express her anger. Anyone with siblings knows that at moments, the idea of our sister being eaten by a shark sounds just fine. ;-)

    As always, I am so impressed with her artistic ability. As someone who can barely handle stick people and lollipop trees, I am in awe of people who can actually draw life-like figures.

    ReplyDelete