Monday, September 10, 2012

A Sign Things Are Changing


So after two weeks of being back to school, today was actually my 4th day with all kids in school. And you know what? A funny thing occurred to me. I think I am finally catching up on all my catching up, and I really didn’t know what to do. I’ve been fixing up my house for the last two years. Putting finishing touches on several rooms that greatly needed it. But that’s mainly done. (Probably will post pictures soon in fact.) Updated my wardrobe quite a bit in those two years since I can actually shop without screaming children attached to me. So now what?

Well, I found my old list of projects. I guess that’s where I finally am. I need to start planning better for my free days. Of course there’s still all the appointments, grocery shopping, etc. I also volunteered again to be room mom, classroom volunteer (easy), and girl scout leader again. So I’ve got stuff to do. And really only 15 hours a week free, so it’s not like I’ve got gobs of time to fill. But I did realize today, that next year is definitely going to be different. I’m not wanting to run out and get a job when the little girls go to kindergarten, but I definitely want to get involved in things.

There is plenty of housecleaning to do (as evidenced by the current mess and chaos in the house), but I also realized today that being at home zaps my energy. It usually DE-motivates me. I need to be out. So as my life shifts next year to not having little ones at home all day, I will definitely be ready sooner than I thought to get involved with things outside the home. My plan was to do quite a bit of volunteering at the school. That probably will not change. But it was just almost an epiphany today to realize that I actually was already getting there. I am slowly not feeling like I have to make up for years of lost “me” time. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment