Monday, September 24, 2012

Is Busier Better?


Is busier better? Well I guess that depends, but for me the answer is that I think it is. I'm not talking having twin newborns busy (which is more survival than it is busyness), or having 4 kids under 4 busy. But it seems to me the more I have going on the more productive I am.

We used to tell people in Mary Kay that busy people get things done. That is so true! Have you ever noticed the busier people are the ones that keep stepping up to do more?

What I have found is that lately (am I the same person that just a few weeks ago said I needed more to do?) I have been so much better at time management. That's the key! Our kids' schedules this year are really full. For years I haven't had a good homework system. I felt badly making them do when they walked in the door. But then I had a hard time ever getting them to do it later. This year there is no option. The TV will not go on til the homework is done. And often by the time it's done we're getting ready to go to activities. Then it's dinner when we get home, baths, and off to bed. And you know what? It's busy but it feels good. It's orderly and efficient. I'm a procrastinator by nature but really have not been able to procrastinate as much lately.

So while it's nice to have days where not much is going on, I think that overall it's better to be busy!

1 comment:

  1. Busier is definitely a lot of work for us moms, BUT - it makes life more full and enjoyable when everyone is moving and doing. Schedules are a must in this house too! Homework took a long time to get ironed out here too. This year (5th) grade has been the easiest after school schedule yet. I think it's because the school is stricter with their homework getting in on time and done properly - that helps! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete