Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Closing a Chapter

I knew when they started kindergarten next fall it would be bittersweet. But I didn't really think about the emotions I would feel as Ashley and Reagan finished preschool and we said good-bye to our sweet little school.

The day before their "advancement ceremony," they made graduation hats.


Then their last day came and we went to their ceremony. Reagan was first. Her teacher, Ms.Windham, said that Reagan most liked art at school, and when she grew up she wanted to be a nurse.



Ashley most liked lunch, and when SHE grew up she wanted to be not only a mommy, but a really good mommy. Awww...



Then the kids sang the sweetest little song I ever heard and there were not many dry eyes in the room. In fact just writing about it and seeing the pictures takes me right back to the sweet innocence of preschool and these dear children. As we left we walked past the 2-yr-old playground where they once played when they started and walked through the halls where we passed the bunny classroom, the puppy classroom, etc. This year they were both in the penguin class. I remember when my older girls went to kindergarten we were gone for a year. I loved it when they went to elementary but after a year of being away from the preschool, my heart felt so warm and fuzzy when we came back with Ashley and Reagan. 

So it's hard to say good-bye to this precious phase of their lives. I love the phase we are entering and the age span of our kids is really great right now. No babies, no tweens or teens. Just good fun kids that can do lots of stuff. But I will miss the complete adorableness (yes, I think I made up that word) and innocence of preschool.


No comments:

Post a Comment