May is always filled with many special occasions. This year was no exception. And with special occasions comes flowers! We had Mother's Day, a Girl Scout ceremony, a dance recital, and now a piano recital!
The girls did fabulous! It's amazing to see how much they've improved in two years. Sadly (for me) I am probably going to let Kaitlyn give up piano. She's got such an ear for music but I just don't think forcing her is in anyone's best interest. Mackenzie, on the other hand, plays the piano all the time. On the one hand she wants to do so many things that she would like to give it up, but she plays so much and so well that I told her she has to keep going a while longer. Kaitlyn has it in her to be good, but she hates practicing or doing anything that involves reading music. It's hard enough to get her to do homework, much less add piano practice on top of it. So in spite of her musical ear, I will probably let her pursue other talents next year. That's okay. Proud of BOTH my little pianists!
No comments:
Post a Comment