Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Dance Recital

This year I had THREE girls in the dance recital. All but Kaitlyn. It was Ashley and Reagan's first. Nothing as precious as that first dance recital.

I tried to get a million pictures of these two together but Ashley was too busy being silly. I actually did get one of them posing but this one I actually like better.



The two girls staring in the mirror. They were having a good time watching themselves.



The song - "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music.




Then came tap. More silliness from Ashley led to some great laughs!


























The song - "Rubber Duckie" - kind of a jazzy version. Too cute! I didn't get a clear photo of the actual dance with Ashley in it. That's not her on the left but it's still cute to see them all up there. She is more on the end but out of the photo. Reagan has her arms up.


They actually did a great job. Reagan seems to really know the dances quite well. And Ashley I have to admit knows them better than I thought she did. She's so full of energy that during class I don't think she pays that much attention, but when it came time to perform she knew a lot more than I thought! Way to go, girls!

Now onto Mackenzie. This was a big year for her. Before the recital she got to go onstage to receive her 5-year trophy! You don't get many trophies for dance so this was a big deal! Even better, what she didn't know was that she was also selected by her teacher as her Most Improved Student for the year! Each teacher chose one child (not per class) to give that award to. We were so excited for her and she was totally surprised!


I also have to add that at least in her specific class, she seems to be leading the pack this year. At every performance the other girls are mostly all watching her. She has really blossomed as a dancer - you gotta love that moment when you see years of hard work finally start to click!

Mackenzie's first dance was tap. The song was Aladdin's "A Friend Like Me."




Ballet was "Castle On a Cloud" from Les Miserables.





And jazz was a favorite of mine - Michael Jackson's "P.Y.T." She enjoyed it too. It was her favorite costume and she had a cartwheel part!



When it was over, I went back to the dressing room to round up our stuff. Why did I not bring someone with me? This picture doesn't do justice what all I was holding. Does this make me an official dance mom? Seven costumes, three shoe bags, a giant bag full of hair stuff, tights, and other supplies, my purse and a big camera!


And their favorite part - the flowers!


It was an exhausting week and day, but it was great! I LOVE those days of being a mom! Great job to all! Now we can breathe a little. But only just a little. We've had more going on than I can keep up blogging about!

No comments:

Post a Comment