Sunday, December 22, 2013

Field Trip to Richmond Cemetery and Moore Home

Fourth grade took their field trip this fall to the Fort Bend Museum, Richmond Cemetery, and John M. Moore home.

The cemetery. Yep, that's an odd thing to do on a field trip. Honestly it was so cold that morning I doubt the kids listened very much to what the guy had to say. We Texans don't do cold very well (mainly because we don't have proper attire for being out in the cold). It was at most 40 degrees while we were out there. Brrrr!


The kids did charcoal rubbings on the tombstones.



I chaperoned Mackenzie's class and only saw Kaitlyn once in passing.



They dug for fossils.



They then toured the John M. Moore home. He was once a rancher, a state legislator, and even served in the US Congress.


Inside the kids not only saw all the old beautiful rooms (completely restored of course) but learn how to spin cotton and see how they would weave intricate blankets.



I can pretty much say I felt like an ice cube all day. Even inside we were still chilly. But the highlight of the day was the headstone. I can only imagine what the story behind this one is! And what cemetery would allow this?? Interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment