Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Life in April

Sorry my blog has been rather brief lately. It seems many of us moms, as our kids are getting older and busier, are blogging less! But I still love having the record for my own self. For those that are still along for the ride, thanks for checking in! And my everyday life posts are usually my favorite. Lots of little tidbits that one day I'll be able to go back and read and remember what life was really like.

So April started off with us having to make some changes for Little Miss Maxie (yes that's actually the name on her papers). This dog is the most peeing dog EVER! Now she is old and disoriented and possibly senile and pees even more than before. We could no longer take it. After Mike attempting to make her an outside dog, we went with my idea, which is to kind of crate her again. So now she goes in here when we leave and then we take her outside upon taking her out of the pen and her accidents are now only about once a week when we leave her out for a long time. So much better! And no that is not dog poop on a plate. It was a treat that I tried to give her. Poor thing - she is so old that she doesn't even care or notice that it's there. But man does she love her pill pockets!


The kids do things like this in the car when we're waiting on Mackenzie to come out of piano.



About once a month the kids like to abuse dad and play games like "Daddy is a playground." Not sure how much longer the big girls are going to get thrown around like this!



I chaperoned the girl scouts on an overnight at the zoo. Not too bad I must say! 


The next morning Kaitlyn went with her MeMe and cousin Lynley to the church Easter egg hunt. I honestly can't remember why the rest of the kids didn't go. Oh yeah - soccer game and dance practice! Saturdays in April were filled with soccer and dance!



We finally (after storing the materials for TWO years) made sock bunnies! Aren't they super cute?


When you have no pool in the backyard your kids are forced to use their imaginations! While creative, this one made me a little worried. Something not good about this.


Mackenzie looking like a cross between ZZ Top, Duck Dynasty, and Cousin It.


Kaitlyn's attempt to make Reagan's hair look like Rapunzel's.



Then it was Easter weekend. For a perfect Easter activity, Mike and his dad took the girls to a shooting range. Yes, it made me uneasy. Yes, I didn't like the fact that it was on Easter weekend. But yes, I think it's a good experience for them. Despite their completely not wanting to go, I think they had a good time shooting the targets.




Unfortunately, while they were gone, NaNaw and I were at the house and didn't notice that their dog Pepper had gone missing. We finally realized it when we left for dinner and couldn't find her anywhere. Instead of dinner we were driving around the neighborhood, calling her, and putting up signs. Ashley made her own sign which makes me so sad every time I see it. Unfortunately, this story does not have a happy ending. We knew after a couple days that it was unlikely we were going to get her back. A few more days went by and we got a call and someone had found her in the lake in our neighborhood. VERY sad. We were at least glad that she was a pretty old dog but still not the outcome we had hoped for. At least she was found I guess so that we would know what happened.


Now that I have made everyone sad, while Pepper was still MIA, the next day we went to Disney On Ice.


MeMe came along to help!



Ashley and Reagan wore their princess dresses. The coveted Elsa dress was getting some envious looks! Apparently these dresses have been impossible to find and some have been selling on Ebay for $1000! I think the older girls told her to wear the Elsa dress in hopes that someone would offer her $1000 for it. That didn't happen. But she did like the looks she got. And Reagan wore Rapunzel in hopes of there being a Rapunzel in the show. Unfortunately, she was not. Oh well, no matter.


Sometime after Easter the girls were back to performing lizard tricks.


And we on occasion were able to stop by the new neighborhood pool they were building. This was a one time opportunity so they climbed on down and got a picture. 


And that wraps up April! Now, onto crazy May!!

No comments:

Post a Comment