Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Our New Pool

Well, now that I've posted about my search for diving boards, I am at least happy our neighborhood has opened up another pool, one that does suit my now "older" children better. Many of the new neighborhoods are building these "water park" type pools. It's actually a lot of fun. It has two big water slides and some ropes and stuff that you use to cross the pool.

Here is an island that is a little strange, and I did notice recently there is a black line on the bottom. I guess this is the attempt at appeasing someone wanting to swim laps? Only it doesn't satisfy a lap swimmer. But it's pretty. 


Crossing on logs and lily pads.


The slides! Apparently I need to go down the faster BLUE slide. I went down the red and got stuck! As in, my body quit moving as long as I was sitting up. Oops! Blue for me next time!


The girls with their cousin during the dreaded safety break. Though I will say this about safety breaks - they are the perfect thing to get your kids out of the water when you are ready to head home!


Seriously, it is a nice pool and lots of fun and we are lucky to have it, even if there are no diving boards. Just need to be able to dive SOMEWHERE. Oh, and no birthday parties are allowed here. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment