My kids are all really growing up. We are running all over the place like mad people after school every day. I'm trying not to over schedule any one child, but add them all up...I really don't know how I'm going to keep adding more in when they all do different things. But I want them to have these opportunities and I think for the most part we can generally find a way to make it all work.
So Reagan wanted to try soccer so we waited until spring and I signed her and Ashley up. Both of them of course, because, at least for right now, why not just try it if you're going to be there anyway?
I have to admit, both of them did pretty darn well! Both went after the ball a lot and were definitely not afraid to get into the mix. They're both pretty fast too. I was definitely impressed and surprised (surprised because soccer isn't our thing, and I'm not used to me or any other girl in my family being aggressive so it was not what I expected.)
So our Saturday mornings this past spring were filled with soccer games. I kind of enjoy getting up and out the door and starting the day, but I'm also glad that we are not one of those families that has Saturday morning games for stuff pretty much all year round. We had basketball for Kaitlyn in the winter and then soccer in the spring for Ashley and Reagan. That was enough Saturdays for me.
Their team was the Red Wings. Not their pick to say the least but oh well. The girls loved running through the tunnel each week at the start of the game.
Here they are in action!
They were actually on the team that no one wanted to play because they would always win. While my girls played very well, there was one boy on the team, Cade, a friend from preschool, that scored about a million goals every week. Needless to say he will probably move on to better leagues next year. They enjoyed it. Reagan wants to play again next year. Ashley...no.



No comments:
Post a Comment