Friday, February 12, 2010

Did I Really Teach Her That?

Ever feel like you’ve said too much to your child? Sometimes I explain things and realize I’ve gone too far. Then there are other times when I just want to be funny and I teach them something that I totally shouldn’t. Recently I taught the big girls what a knuckle sandwich is. Now why did I feel the need to do that? Now they go around shaking their fist at people (including me) and say things like “hey – give me a drink or I’m going to give you a knuckle sandwich!” Of course they are joking and then they laugh but what if they go around doing that at school? Strike 1 for Mom. Then last night we were reading a book about chickens. It was a cute little story and there was one page where the chickens all had their tails up in the air and Kaitlyn thought it was funny so this is what I taught her. “Guess what?” What. “Chicken butt!” I don’t even know what that is from, but some childhood memory of that came into my head so now they are going around saying that as well. Nice!

As for other news this week…hmm…Kaitlyn busted her lip yesterday just as we entered the building to get her allergy shots. So today she is in a beautiful burgundy dress for her Valentine party and a burgundy fat lip to match. And I still have to take her back to her shots since that seemed just too cruel to make her do 5 minutes after the lip incident.


At the Valentine party Mackenzie decided to repeatedly “nuzzle” the boy next to her who I don’t think appreciated it too much. We’ve seen too many Disney movies. 5 years old and completely boy crazy.


Ashley’s word of the week is “stuck.” It doesn’t matter what she’s doing – she keeps hollering out “I stuck! I stuck!” But she’s usually not stuck. It’s pretty funny. She just acts stuck. It reminds me of someone who shouts out “I’m drowning” and then someone tells them to just put their feet down. All Ashley has to do is usually sit up or stand up.

Reagan is into giving everyone love slaps. Very cute – she makes this funny little noise “beep” and kind of slaps you or pokes you, while she waits for your response.


So that’s our week in a nutshell. Trying to stay warm in this winter weather but no snow in Houston this time. Happy Valentine’s Day!

3 comments:

  1. hahahah I remember when my kids dad taught them that chicken butt saying, makes me laugh out loud when I hear it now! No worries, that is a cute saying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it took my husband all of 7 minutes to regret teaching my kids the game "copycat". Nothing like listening to a 3 year old and a two year old saying "stop copying me" over and over to make you rethink your role as a parent!
    Not sure how I found you, exactly, but I thought you were funny, thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guilty of the same thing. Remember the Christmas song post I did where I taught my kids all the nasty versions of the songs?

    Cole brought home a book from the school's library the other day and it was called "Booby Hatch". It was about these birds called the blue-footed boobies. I swear, Icouldn't make this stuff up. I couldn't stop laughing everytime I said blue-footed boobies. The kids just stared at me as if I had lost my mind. Now, they can't stop calling each other blue-footed boobies.

    ReplyDelete