Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Drama Continues....

My goodness!  I thought they were supposed to be getting better, not worse! At least about safety.  But the bigger they get, the more they get into!  So the rock is out - yea!!  But then yesterday Ashley in a split-second climbed on the counter, turned on the gas stove, and I'm pretty sure she was on the stove when she did it because she kind of screamed and was frantically trying to get down.  All happening within about a minute's time.  The little girls also climbed on the counter and broke open 5 bananas with their bare hands.  An hour later I found some frozen fish sticks on the floor.  Just now they had about 10 frozen fish sticks on the floor and frozen broccoli florets everywhere.  Okay, the stove thing is the only real drama but the rest of it is driving me crazy!  Add on top of that a bad attitude from one of my 5-year-olds for 2 days and I have no more patience.

Oh, I just this second had to fish a bite of candle out of Reagan's mouth.  Why is she all of a sudden just now putting everything into her mouth?  It's like she wants to eat everything.  She's the one getting into all the food as well.  I guess it's time to ramp up the babyproofing around here and I better get off the computer before someone sets the house on fire!

Oh, and would you believe I actually kept someone else's 2-yr-old twins today?  They were perfect little angels.  I felt like mine were setting a horrible example for them - climbing on everything, hitting, fighting.  These little girls just stared at mine like they couldn't believe children would act this way.  I told their mom how good they were and she said she was shocked because at her home they climb on everything, hit, bite, etc too! At least I felt like it wasn't just mine.  I was starting to think I must be doing something horribly wrong as a mother.  :)  They were just showing me a different side I guess.  I'd like to think mine would do the same thing.  My older girls usually do.  They are generally well-behaved at school and church.  Except last week when Kaitlyn socked Mackenzie in the eye in Sunday School, and Mackenzie then kicked her in retaliation.  But in all fairness, other kids don't have to be in class with their siblings. Still.....

4 comments:

  1. We have drama here too...I don't know what it's about. But they sure know how to keep us on our toes, don't they?

    Bella's sitting here with me looking at the pics on your sidebar. She pointed to Mackenzie and Kaitlyn's pics of them in their tutus and she goes, "How cute are they?! When can they come over and play?"

    Wouldn't that be SO nice?? We could let all 8 of the kids play together while you and I kick back with a glass or two of wine (or 3 or 4...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had one crazy weekend behind us where we hardly could get anything done because my daughters acted out so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're sooo funny! I feel for you, I really do!!!! But gosh, look at how adorable your girls are!!!! Whoever said that boys get into more trouble, obviously never had girls!!! lol I commented back on your 2 comments on my blog!!! But we CAN NOT wait until next weekend. And I think that Kate and I would love to go to that little festival you were talking about...as long as I can get home in enough time to get ready for the wedding!!! Count us in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you get double the trouble with twins! :) My 2.5 yr old has done a lot of "stuff" over the past few months lately, from getting the vinegar spray I use to clean the floors, and spraying it all over the kid I babysit, well all over his head anyways, and he sprayed the floor, so when I went after him I fell! He has gotten into the kitchen cupboards and eaten the honey, and backwashed in it, ewwww gross! so your not alone!

    ReplyDelete