Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Truth Hurts (not really)

So now Kaitlyn is the one home with croup.  Poor baby.  It's been coming on for days.  Then in the middle of the night last night she wakes me up and she's not breathing well, so I take her up to bed and give her the steroid that Mackenzie had to take last week.  The light was dim so it was hard to tell but her coloring didn't look good.  So I said "honey you don't look very good."  She looked at me (it is 4:30 a.m.) and said "Mom YOU don't look very good either."  Me: "I don't?  Why?  What's wrong with me?"  Without saying a word, she takes her little finger and starts tracing all my wrinkles.

Gee, thanks.  I am 35, you know. And sorry but I'm just not into botox.  I actually think I look pretty good for my age.  After all, I sell Mary Kay and use it!  But I guess to a 5-yr-old I must look like I've got one foot in the grave.  Oh well.  At least I try!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! That is soooo funny! I am laughing out loud over this one!!! I think you look fantastic too!!! I don't know how your body can look like it does after 2 sets of twins!!! :) Kids sure are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious!! I know how much that hurts! Cole asked me one day (when he was 4) how old I was and I said 40 and that I was 10x older than him. His eyes bugged out and he said, "That's really old".

    That's okay...in a few years, we can tell them the reasons we have wrinkles is because of all the stress they put us through.

    I think you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids at my daughters' school were asked to guess the principal's age. Some said 20, some said 100. Ouch!!

    I remembered when I was 4/5 years old I thought being 29 is like so old. Now that I've turned 29 1/2 for the past how many years, I have a new opinion on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! But how funny! These little innocent comments are so sweet...and so stabbing! ;-)

    One of my favorite lines from my boys is, "Mommy, are you cute?" I get asked that at least once a week. It really cheers me up on days when I don't feel so cute!

    ReplyDelete