As we got older, the drama that surrounded everyone only heightened. And even though some of it was bad, I still liked the craziness of it all! Now don’t get me wrong. I am not one of those drama-seeking/creating people. I am just the opposite. I am the peacemaker. The quiet, rule-following one. But I still love the craziness, and that is one reason why I always wanted a bigger family. Just something about when we all get together – all the different personalities. Everybody has something different to add. (Now I can’t say this without mentioning the loss of my step-sister Robyn 2 years ago. Probably the queen of drama left this world early and forever there is a hole at our table. But back to my point.)
So here I am now with my own 4 kids and it hit me last night, there is never a dull moment. And though I sometimes feel like I am going crazy, it is kind of fun (kind of) that something always seems to be happening. I mean, at least it isn’t boring!
So this week, I’ve already written about how Reagan swallowed a rock. Well, after seeing her complain about her tummy a couple times since yesterday I decided to put in a second call to the pediatrician. I went this morning to have her x-rayed. The rock is about 2 cm and the good news is that it is already through the stomach. She kept holding her stomach really high so I was starting to have the impression that it was stuck and not moving down. I was starting to prepare myself for a visit to the hospital to have it removed. So good news! It appears to be going through!
As for Ashley, yesterday she got in a fight with a rose bush. I THINK Ashley won. Just a few scratches on the face but nothing too bad. This must be the week for these little toddlers to learn some hard life lessons. Lessons like don’t swallow rocks, and quit running through all the flowerbeds and behind the bushes.
Mackenzie continues to battle me almost daily on what she’s wearing. 2 problems – she hates jeans and she loves skirts and dresses. Well it is winter and it has been a cold one at that. She hardly will wear any of her winter clothes and she is extremely strong-willed. That child is going to do what she’s going to do and we will have world war III every day if I don’t let her. I’ve told her repeatedly I don’t care what she wears, as long as it’s appropriate for the weather and for where she’s going. This morning she wants to wear her short sleeves with her new pants I bought her. First of all the sleeves are short and then the pants completely clash with it. But will she listen? Nope. I agreed to let her wear it and then she can’t even unbutton the things. How can I send her to school when she can’t unbutton her pants? Talk about an accident waiting to happen. So she storms off and disappears. How we got to school on time today is a miracle.
Then there is Kaitlyn. As one other mom from school said to me yesterday, that child is a riot! She is intense on every level, good and bad. But her good far outweighs her bad! I’m trying to figure out how to post video of her because watching her hula hoop this week was absolutely hilarious! And what do I love about her? She watches the video and just cracks up too! How great to be able to laugh at yourself! That and she’s always singing vibrato all around the house. Oh, but her “butt” jokes have come back to bite me…in the butt! At the dinner table at my mom’s Sunday she decided to hold up her dress and shake her underwear for everyone to see! Nice. Mike and I were still in San Antonio. I’d like to think she at least wouldn’t have done that if we were there.
I wonder what awaits us for the weekend. Dull can actually be a good thing.
Your kids sounds like a lot of fun to have around!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel! There is only dull time when Brandon is napping, but other wise the house if always full of life! I have 4 children, (17, 14, 4.5 and 2.5) my oldest went to live with his father about 5 months ago (and it has been a living Hell for my 4.5 yr old...) so every other weekend we have a house full of kids, not to mention the kids I babysit Mondays thru Thursdays, some Fridays and recently Sundays! Full Houses Rock!
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly why I was hoping for more than 2 kids, as well. My family is very small and so is my husband's...holidays were boring.
ReplyDeleteI hope my kids each have 2-3 kids so we'll be having huge holiday celebrations with our family!!
My daughter is going through a phase right now too where she wants to wear summer clothes. I've convinced her it's okay but she has to wear a long-sleeved shirt under the short-sleeved shirt and she can only wear dresses if she wears leggings or thick tights underneath. I think we've finally reached a compromise!!
Thank you for your comment regarding my post today. I knew that most moms of multiple would completely understand. At the time, if someone had told me those things I wrote about, I'd have slapped them. It's hard to appreciate the good when you feel like you're stuck in hell on earth.
You'll be able to appreciate this...tonight my husband took my daughter to a Girl Scout event and he brought Cole and Landon with him. So he just left Garrett with me and we had about an hour together just us. It was SOOO nice...so easy. I was like, "Why do moms who only have one kid complain??"