Isn't this cute? But I know what you're thinking - what the heck is a camel doing at a rodeo? The answer - I have no idea. I'm pretty sure I don't recall any old westerns with the cowboys riding in on a camel. But hey - if they want there to be camels, let there be camels! And look how nicely he's posing!
They sure are tall animals!
Ashley and Reagan in their ringside seats. Ashley kept insisting it was a horsey. Just as she insists that Reveille, Texas A&M's collie dog mascot and highest ranking member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets (whoop! to all my Aggie pals), is also a horsey. I wonder what she'd say if she actually saw a horse. In fact, we pass a couple through the pastures every day and I'm pretty sure she thinks they're cows.
All 4 and some cows' rear ends! Makes a nice family photo, don't you think?
Now for....the petting zoo!
Reagan was in hog heaven (no pun intended, okay yes it was) in the petting zoo! She LOVED all the animals and just had this pure look of joy on her face the entire time!
The big girls getting their animal feed. They told us only parents can hold it. Well with 2 little ones running around and a bazillion people and me trying to get camera shots, Mike finally handed the ice cream cone (which held the feed) over to Mackenzie, who instantly had the whole thing nabbed by an agressive goat who'd just been waiting for some family with too many children to come in and let their guard down. The tears started flooding but we had a big talk on the way to the rodeo about not letting disappointments ruin the whole day. She understood and snapped out of it after about 3 minutes. Hallelujah!!
Wrong end Reagan. And can somebody get this animal a brush?
The thing that stands out to me in this picture is look at this goat's eye. It is bluer than Ashley's shirt!
Mackenzie and the llama.
Kaitlyn and the back of the llama's neck and head. This picture is really cute except there is this white bow from some other child sticking up that looks like it is part of her hat, which of course looks ridiculous. Though Kaitlyn would probably think it would be really neat if I stuck a big bow up there. Hmmm, ideas for next year....
Look at the deer!
Okay, I looked at this picture a million times trying to figure out why it seemed Ashley is staring at the goat's butt. But if you look close enough you will see this was really an action shot! Eeeww. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this one for those who have a week stomach, but if you only knew how many gross things I spared you already! Let's face it - kids can be really disgusting and I have a long list that I just might one day share!
Two cute!
Reagan really loved this chicken. There was also a rooster that kept crowing that I thought was pretty cool, and a couple of baby kangaroos behind a little fence. I would have taken a picture but my camera battery kept dying.
Knock-off Dumbo ride - wheee!!
Ashley on her first real ride - she was ecstatic!
Who's that crazy lady on the left? Yep - it's me! I can't believe I went down one of those SUPER high slides. I'm certain I screamed louder than my girls! Why is it as we get older we do less and less adventurous things? The older I get the more nervous things like this make me, and yet here's a little secret: In my younger days I repelled down a cliff, bungee jumped, and paraglided off of a mountain! But THIS makes me nervous. Silly.
Enough round and round for me. Daddy can take this one.
Hi again!
Yee haw! Finally Ashley put her hat on so I could get a picture of the both of them! (Have you noticed Mackenzie has no hat at the rodeo? I guess after the Western Day fiasco she had decided no more hats!)
Talk about nervous - I was terrified to let these little girls ride without an adult. But they were all so cute in one little car and the big girls did a great job watching out for their little sisters.
Kaitlyn and Mackenzie's favorite ride! Last year this was their first roller coaster experience. It was just right. I had no idea that 3 months later they would be on the Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland with all the big dogs.
This picture and the next are actually from last year's rodeo. My batteries completely died at this point and my phone camera just didn't do the trick. But last year's are priceless so here they are...
They loved it!
And winding down at the end of a long day. Reagan crashed and Ashley decided to perform some cruel and usual experiments on sleeping sister which I caught on film. But this was before, when Ashley was just letting her nap peacefully....
Until next year.....did I mention that Houston has (I believe but don't quote me) the largest livestock show and rodeo in the world? Maybe next year Mike and I will make it to the actual event and see a show. I think last time we did that it was pre-child days and we saw Bon Jovi (which was awesome!). Not very rodeo-like though!


Fun. Glad Mackenzie didn't stay grumpy for long. I've probably told my girls, "Choose to be happy" a million times.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it looks like P Diddy was helping Mackenzie down that big slide :)
What a fun day! I love to read about what people do locally with their kids, since it can be so different going from one part of the country to another!
ReplyDeleteThose are awesome! Yall had a blast! Wish we were still in visiting so we could have gone with yall! The girls must have slept great for yall that night!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks like you all had such a great time!! You should use the picture of all 4 of them, with the cow behinds in the background, on your Christmas card this year...LOL. I am joking.
ReplyDeleteI went on one of those huge slides before with my kids and it's freakin scary!!