So Tuesday this argument had me laughing. It is very typical of what we hear multiple times a day around here. We were in the car and I hear this:
Kaitlyn: Mommy, Mackenzie keeps doing this….(she’s waving her hand ).
Me: Well, just ignore her
Kaitlyn: Mackenzie, I’m going to ignore you.
Kaitlyn: Mackenzie, I’m ignoring you.
Mackenzie: Be quiet! Don’t talk to me! Serious!
Kaitlyn: Mackenie, stop doing that!
Mackenzie: No! I’m never going to stop! Never!
Fun times. There was a lot of that going on yesterday and let’s just say my nerves were rattled.
So what else have we done this week? Not a lot. The big girls went to their grandmother’s on Monday and had a great time while I took the babies to the mall to exchange something. At the mall, someone backed into my stroller while I was loading the babies into the car. I already had Ashley in the car but Reagan was IN the stroller when it happened. Don’t get me wrong – it was really no big deal. It was a tap. I always pull the stroller as close in between the cars as possible for this very reason. But still. How close to my car was this guy going to come before stopping? Scary.
Tuesday the big girls worked on an art project that’s been in the box for over a year now. That’s probably because the age on the box is listed at 8 and up. Hmmm. What was the person who gave that to them thinking? And they were only 4 at the time. So finally we got it out and worked on decorating and painting these teacups. About 1 minute in one of the girls was crying because it wasn’t turning out right and I nearly went through the roof after all the bugging me about it only to cry and say you’re not going to do it. Well, I guess she changed her mind when she realized I was going to be furious with her attitude so I had to do a lot more helping than I imagined. It turned out to be a cute project but a lot of work and a killer on the back.
Yesterday was, well, boring, but that’s okay. It included a trip to the hardware store to pick up some stuff for a bathroom remodel we’re doing on a property we own. And late in the day we went out and played in the backyard.
I’m hoping though that the next few days get a bit more interesting and that we make better use of our time. This afternoon we’re going to the park and then tomorrow Mike will be off so we are going to the rodeo! Should be fun (and exhausting)! And a babysitter this weekend for date night – yea!!
But really...who needs to go to the zoo, or the beach, or on a trip...when you could do this.....blanket rides!
I totally agree with you in that some days we have great things planned to go do with our kids and other days I will just let them have the run of the house and backyard and they will play by themselves. They need to exercise their imagination!
ReplyDeletelol, love the blanket rides.
ReplyDeleteand how scary about backing into the stroller, omg, i would of flipped out, no matter if they barely tapped it. ugh. thank goodness everyone was okay.
and i totally hear you about spring break. i hear those kinds of arguing back and forth alot. my main pet peeve is when they constantly tattle on each other.
great project, turned out cute. i have been there too with receiving gifts that weren't age appropriate, all it does is cause stress and aggravation for everyone doing it.
That is so funny! My sister and her husband took Andrew & Ellen along with her 2 girls on Friday. I hope they were behaving!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the best thing about wood floors? The blanket rides are the best. When all else fails, we just bust out the blankets. Esp on rainy days.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe that person backed into your stroller!!!! How scary! I hope he at least apologized!!! Kinda makes you wanna get a huge red flag to put on your stroller so people can always see it.
1st time by here. We are getting ready to put wood floors in, we will be trying the blanket rides for sure!
ReplyDelete