(You know, I know a lot of twin moms that handle it just fine but I'm not one of them. Many moms are okay letting 1-year-olds climb all over a jungle gym while they hang out with their friends but I am a nervous wreck! So for safety's sake, I either have to completely stress myself out or just decline. Usually I just decline or enlist help (thank you Mom!) to come along.)
But now that we have a swingset....the guilt is mostly gone! Though I do have to admit not all has been safe. The little girls have been clobbered by the swings more than I'd like to admit, and Ashley has had a few falls off the ladders, but all in all they are all learning the rules on how to play together and they are really having a lot of fun!
First here are the pics from January on the first day we really used it....
Kaitlyn lending a helping hand...
Here I come!
Me turn (as she would say it)!
Wheee!!
She's a little more daring on the slide now than on that first day...so much for telling them they have to go down sitting up.
Glider swing - they always wanted one! If only the little girls could figure out how to do it.
I just need a push, that's all!
So fun!
We are big girls now.....
Side note: It's funny this blog comes right after my drama queen blog because on this day Mackenzie sat on the side of the house crying (wailing really) for something I can't even remember but it was just like those other stories. Finally after about an hour we got her over to the swingset and got one shot of this precious smile! Love her! Drama and all!
How do these things work? Hmm...
I love this picture. Don't know why.
Look at me! Ha ha ha! I'm in the flowerbeds again! (At least we have no flowers but lots of dirt to get dirty in!) Ashley loves to run behind all the bushes and trees. Not going to be so fun as all the ants start popping up.
I love this pic too. I don't know why but it's just funny to me that she is so high in the air. Also notice Kaitlyn pouting on the other swing. I think she was purposely trying to not cooperate in the picture but I can't remember why.
Reagan's all about the snacks....
I flying! (her words again)
Now there's a happy smile!
I running!! (Gosh they are so darn cute!)
Yeah, so much for sitting up.
Okay we're here. Now what do we do?
Es better (Ashley's words).
Kaitlyn learning to hula hoop. I still need to post that video. Hilarious. But you should have seen her today! I think she's really got it down finally!
Time for a break. This seems like a good spot.
Playdough!
Take my picture Mommy!
Going down yet another way....
Oh boy!.....
Here I come! I'm so excited! (Like the static hair?)
So there you have it! We have really enjoyed playing around and should have another month of beautiful afternoons for it to continue. We've also been practicing t-ball in the back and now Reagan and Ashley are starting to get in on it. I have to say, little Reagan's got me really impressed. We may have to start calling her Slugger Janak the way she goes after it with that bat!
But with all the backyard playing, dinner has taken a backseat. I can't do both at once. Oh well, I'll opt for the outdoors on a pretty day any time! Happy Spring Break! This is what we'll be doing.
We have a swingset very similar to yours (my kids refer to the one swing that looks like a see-saw as "the boat").
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the park. I avoided parks for a long time for the very same issues. I would only go if Tim could go with me but that only made it worse because he'd let the kids climb on things that I would NEVER let them climb on. So it made it that much harder for me when I did attempt to take them once I felt comfortable again with it.
The pictures are adorable...the girls all look so happy to be out in the sunshine! We're having nice weather here too and the kids are thrilled.
It's really too bad we don't live closer. Everytime I read your blog, Bella likes to look at the pictures that you post. I could see your girls and her getting along so well!
What cute pictures! Don't feel guilty about not taking them to the park. Our little ones only get to go on weekends when Daddy is home and we actually have time. It is just too scary (and too much work) for me to do it. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
ReplyDelete