Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birthday and Mother's Day


It's been so long I almost don't even remember. Someone said recently that May is the silent December as far as busyness goes. I agree. Then my husband decided after a lifetime on a PC to switch us to an iMac and now I'm all out of whack and trying to figure out this new computer.

But every time I look at that cake I wish it was still my birthday.  So yummy!


Ashley was into it too.  Actually she liked looking at herself in the cake pan.

I had a nice birthday - lunch out with my mom.  Oh yeah - and Mackenzie came too. She kept having headaches so I let her stay home from school and tag along for my birthday lunch. It was nothing fancy  - Mexican food of course!  Some years I want people to make a big deal and others I don't care. I was just happy having some me time and then some cake at home with my girls!

A few days later it was Mother's Day. I had another great day! I woke up to omelettes and of course Mike cooked our usual pancakes after church.  And I had gorgeous flowers! Here we are - 3 generations! It was a nice day too - quiet and simple yet I felt honored.


I also thought a lot of my mom this year.  I feel so blessed to have been raised by a good mom and so blessed to still have her!  A good mom is everything to a child and I am sad for those who don't have that kind of care or influence in their lives.  Hats off to my mom!

3 comments:

  1. Yay to our Moms! I just love when she calls me to talk about........nothing! I know that will not last forever, so I cherish these chats with her! I even told her I'm going to keep her message she left me about the girls' birthday party! It was just so lovely.

    Happy Birthday! Every year I'm thinking "Dear Lord, am I really this old?! I use to think this is "old" and now I am "that old" and I still feel so young!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of you with your Mom and your daughters. I'm also lucky to still have my Mom with me and I've been trying to imagine being in her position. One day our kids will grow up and we'll get to watch them be parents. My husband and kids gave me sweet cards I loved, but when Mom gave me a card that said she was proud of the Mother I've become, that made my day!

    By the way, I really want that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is beautiful!! I'm so happy to hear your birthday and Mother's Day was wonderful, you deserve it!!

    You are so blessed to have such a loving mom. My mom totally sucks...I always wished I had a mom who was more like yours!

    ReplyDelete