Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Dance Recital 2011
Another recital showing off a year of hard work! Their dance recital is one of my favorite moments as a mom!
First was tap: Ringin' in a Brand New Year!
Unfortunately some very inconsiderate people decided as soon as our dance started to crawl across all the people in front of us which took 2/3 of the time that their dance lasted. When I saw them coming I said "Hey, these are our kids!!" Didn't seem to matter. They took that as, "Come sit down and ruin our video. We really want you to ruin 3 of the 6 minutes we actually get to watch our kids, during this 3 1/2 hour recital. Feel free."
Every time I think about it I get mad. But what am I gonna do about it? What's done is done. Still, they were cute! Haven't seen the video yet. But I got a few cute pictures at the end. At least the best I could get. It's almost impossible to get pictures because they're moving so fast and you have to turn off the flash. Anyway, here they are. And this has been one of my favorite costumes they've had too!
Kick line....
Ending pose...that's Mackenzie with her hands up! Kaitlyn is two over to the right.
Their ballet was really pretty: They were Cinderella (under the month of October & Halloween theme).
They actually paired Kaitlyn and Mackenzie up for a bit. Risky move, people! But the girls looked beautiful and so sweet together!
Their ending lift wow'd the audience. I don't think people were expecting such young girls to be able to do that! Kaitlyn is on the outside left and Mackenzie is on the outside right - both holding a girl up!
It was great. Poor Reagan woke up really sick that day. We had her drugged up on Tylenol and she just laid on NaNaw the whole time. Ashley had to be hoisted over the seats every time we turned around because she can't sit still. I'm sure the people behind US loved that.
But there it is...another year...another recital! Next year we're adding jazz and hopefully keeping Kaitlyn in. It's not really her favorite but we'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are both cute outfits! You got some really good pictures. (Is Mackenzie really that much taller than Kaitlyn, or does it just look that way?)
ReplyDeleteI've been to dance recitals for my nieces and it always seems that after sitting for an hour watching other people's kids dance, your kid comes on stage and people either stand up or start talking. Drives me crazy! So sorry for other's rudeness.
Very cute! And since we are also gearing up for our kids' end year recital very appropriate!! They are just too wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWOW! That's a fancy dance recital. My twins always have their recitals in the gym of some old community center. They would be beside themselves to have such beautiful costumes and to be on a stage. Lucky little girls you have, and rather GORGEOUS in their outfits!!!
ReplyDeleteThey look wonderful! We are still preparing for our recital at month end. You took very good pictures despite the people in front of you.
ReplyDelete