And another year has begun. Mackenzie and Kaitlyn just completed their first week of 2nd grade. So far so good. Mackenzie had a very trendy outfit chosen, and Kaitlyn just wanted to wear a shirt with a puppy on it - her favorite thing in the world!
Kaitlyn's top tooth has been working it's way out for a while now. We've affectionately been calling her snaggletooth. We were desperately hoping to get it out before the 1st day of school. There is a space there just from it being so distorted.
But it didn't take long. It was out by the 2ND day of school at least!
The little girls have had an okay first week back to school. Reagan didn't want to meet the teacher but once she did she decided it would be okay, and she has been fine. Ashley has had a hard time adjusting this week. (I honestly think she was fine until Reagan said she didn't want to meet the teacher. Ashley jumped on that bandwagon and doesn't want to get off.) So Ashley has struggled this week with going back to her same school but being in a different class with a different teacher. I'm sure she'll adjust soon but for now she is gripping my legs when I try to drop her off every day.
As for me, yeah, it's back to the grind but I have to admit, it was a good week!



Such cute girls!
ReplyDeleteI completely get the story about Ashley deciding to be afraid after Reagan was. I have become so unsympathetic lately. If a child is nervous, the last thing I want them to do is talk about it. It spreads like wild-fire and suddenly the whole crew is clinging to me terrified!
Glad your transition back to school seemed to go pretty well! Enjoy a bit of time to yourself!
I don't know I always seem to forget that your sets of twins are the same ages as my sets!! So all yours are in separate classes too??
ReplyDeleteThis is Garrett and Landon's 1st time in different classes. Landon loves it, Garrett hates it. He really wants to be with Landon so he's off to a rough start. Hopefully your girls will transition smoothly, especially Ashley!!
Hope the second week is a good one!
ReplyDelete