Our fourth and final destination was at my mom's. We normally go there for a big lunch but with church that morning it couldn't be done. So we went for dinner. Here is my step-dad reading the Christmas story out of Luke in the Bible and a little Q&A with the kids. They all did a great job listening and participating.
New slippers for the big girls!
Sparkly shoes for the little girls!
Vests for the big girls and a Magic 8 Ball, which has since been thrown in the toilet and thrown several times elsewhere causing it to crack open. I can now tell you what the inside of a Magic 8 Ball looks like. I also have 3 of my left fingers covered in super glue which I will be picking off for the next several days in an effort (successful I might add) to fix the 8 ball.
After a spilt drink all over my mom's table, I was finally able to get a second wind, thanks to some food and my good friend Dr. Pepper, and we had a really enjoyable evening. It was a nice wrap up to our Christmas marathon!
But like I said, the 26th was great! We all slept in, actually got to play with our toys, Mike and I finally managed to open our stockings (can you believe we didn't even get to it?), we took the kids to lunch and to see Arthur Christmas (great movie!), and just really enjoyed the day. Ahh, bliss. Soon it will be back to reality. But reality and schedules are nice too.
Happy Holidays!


It was tiring just reading about all of your Christmases!! ;-) Even though I'm sure that you were exhausted with all of the running around, it looks like everyone had a good time. You're lucky to have so many people love you and your family!
ReplyDelete