Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Four Christmases

We are practically straight out of the movie "The Four Christmases." Only Reese Whitherspoon (love!) and Vince Vaughn (like in the same way I liked every jerk that I liked in my younger days) didn't have children yet, so add 4 Christmases plus 4 kids and you get two worn out, stressed out parents. That being said, we love our family in spite of having to cram everyone in to a little over a day. If any of them read this feel free to offer a celebration on a day OTHER than Christmas or Christmas Eve so we are not so dead tired we can truly enjoy the celebrating. Of course it is only fair to mention that also this year was harder than in the past because in addition to all that we had to squeeze in church. We certainly can't make Christmas, the celebration of the birthday of Christ, the one Sunday that we DON'T go to church. But it really took the place of the only downtime we would have had. And we don't have a Christmas Eve service. So I hate to say it but that was probably what added to the stress, in spite of the fact that it was a beautiful service.

Whew! Okay, I think I'm going to put this on a separate post. Don't want my Christmas post to sound like Debbie Downer but I have to admit, Dec.26 was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment