Over Thanksgiving break, I was finally able to meet up with a couple other moms who also have two sets of twins. Apparently I'm not the only one in the Houston area, so yay for me! I can commiserate with others!
Just kidding. Actually, it was really fun. It was three of us, each with our two sets of twins. So SIX SETS OF TWINS! Talk about crazy! But it all went really well, if you don't include my older girls whining and complaining most of the time. I guess they have finally outgrown the zoo. Too bad because I really like it. I'll take the zoo over a museum any day, unless that day it's raining, or freezing, or raining and freezing, or hot. But you get my drift. Spring and fall are great times to go to the zoo.
So here is the gang:
We didn't even get any strange looks! I guess when you're in a place full of kids we actually might not stand out! But we do when we get together for a picture like this!
Here are two monkeys:
Here are four monkeys:
Here is a monkey terrorizing a turtle:
Actually that was one of the funniest and saddest things I've ever seen. This baby orangutan was literally playing with this turtle like it was a stuffed animal. He was holding it up in the air by its leg, rolling around with it, even dragged it once. The big girls even decided this charade made it worth going to the zoo. However, who's looking out for the poor turtle? Where are the zoo people when they're really needed? Who's standing up for this turtle's rights? I'm normally a republican but where are the democrats when you really need them? This is unequal rights at its finest. I think the turtles need to organize a million turtle march (which is ironic in and of itself) at the zookeeper's front door, demanding safer living quarters!
Oh well. It was fun to watch!
And what trip would be complete without a train ride?
Woo! Woo!

When I saw that first pic on FB, I was insanely jealous! Then I showed it to Tim and he was like, "Wait...how many moms are there and how many kids??" He was in awe that you all went and didn't drag the husbands with you (probably because I would've made him go out of fear that I might lose one or two of my kids).
ReplyDeleteGlad you had so much fun! I seriously have to find a way out to TX one of these years so I can meet you all in person!
Oh and that is SO sad about the turtle!!!
Love that last pic!!!! Everyone's smiling!!!
How much fun! Your family is unique and I'm sure it is hard to find people who truly understand your life. That makes it so much sweeter when you do find them! Glad you met up with these other moms.
ReplyDeleteOkay you had me cracking up with the million turtle march! So funny! Yeah, funny and sad. I laughed, but that poor turtle!
I love your girls' initial shirts.
Glad your visit went so well. A little whining and complaining? Well, that's just everyday, right?
That would have been so much fuN! I'm certain you you would get looks here in New England - So fun catching up! Take care :)
ReplyDelete