Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Fun

So I actually volunteered a messy but fun idea for the kids. We received a large 2 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft box last week completely FULL of styrofoam peanuts. Okay, there was a gift basket in it, but once we took the basket out, it was basically still full! In not knowing what to do with all those peanuts, I thought, "wouldn't it be fun to dump it all on the kids and pretend it was snow?"

Then I thought someone should lock me up for thinking such a thing. Do I really want to clean it up? But what the heck, it's Christmas. Sometimes you gotta live a little in the name of fun.

Then I had to get Mike involved. I for sure wanted pictures of the fun, so I had to do it when he was home. Let me just say, my husband can be a bit OCD when it comes to making a mess. So I gave him no choice. He half-heartedly went along with it. (I think he saw my point but also probably regretted marrying me at that moment.)



For 10 minutes, it was a blast!





But as they tried to move around in it I could hear all the crunching and I knew the peanuts were falling apart. I knew that THAT mess would be nearly impossible to clean. So we got everyone up and began the cleanup process. That part didn't go so well, but we eventually got it all up. And now we have such cute pictures! Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe how many peanuts there are. For one gift basket? And you made it snow on your kids? What a fun Mom!!
    We had a couple of kids get into a delivered box with styrofoam peanuts and it was a mess! They crumble easily and stick to everything!

    The girls do look like they are having fun though. I love the 'snow' angels ;-)

    ReplyDelete