The big girls were officially pinned as brownie scouts. We had the pinning ceremony at my house. It's funny how so many memories come back to me and how things are ingrained in my head somewhere and it takes so little to conjure it back up. Many of the songs and even the little line from the brownie story and induction story:
"Twist me and turn me and show me the elf....I looked in the water and I saw....myself."
Funny how I remembered that so well. And the girl scout promise I mostly remembered. It's fun.
So here are my new brownies!
What fun! I was a brownie for a few years before I gave it up for other activities, but I too can still sing a couple of songs and remember most of the promise. I think it's great that you are being their troop leader- that will make their memories even more special!
ReplyDelete