For years Mike and I have wanted to take the kids to Santa's Wonderland, this place that's just open at Christmas and has a phenomenal light display. But it's quite the drive - an hour and a half to my dear old Aggieland! This year we thought the little girls were finally old enough for it to be manageable so off we went.
Santa's Wonderland: (I only posted just a few of the lights we saw.)
We took a hayride through the lights. Mike and I tried to sit across from the kids but Ashley wanted to sit next to me. Here is her response to my attempt to make her sit with her sisters and take a picture.
And we're off...
My favorite one...
The Aggie section: There's a big A&M in the back by the Howdy lights!
The finale....
Waiting for hot chocolate, which was really good but also so hot the kids couldn't drink it. The little girls were borderline meltdown both waiting for it and then waiting FOREVER for it to cool. When are they going to learn patience?
Reagan passing the time dancing to the live band that was playing in Santa's Town.
We went to the petting zoo. The funny part though was toward the end of the hayride we could see this camel at the edge of the petting zoo. I said "Look! There's a camel!" Ashley looked at the same camel and said "Mommy! I see a dinosaur!" Hilarious!
Mackenzie loved the petting zoo...
Picture with Cowboy Frosty...
Sing-a-long with Frosty...
Loved this Texas flag backdrop...too bad the nice lady who offered to take our picture didn't understand about getting the entire backdrop. She centered us and cut off half the flag. It was crooked too. Thank goodness for picture editing. Still it turned out cute!
Prancer was there waiting on Santa.
Snow (aka bubbles) was blowing about every 15 minutes...
Reagan in the snow...
It was definitely worth the drive. Very cool place. The kids could have behaved better, Kaitlyn was freezing, but overall fun memories! I'm sure we'll go back!



Looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your little girls. At winter things we are all freezing, so hot chocolate seems like a good idea, but they prepare it so darn hot that it is torture waiting for it to cool off. Annoying!!