The week had really gotten colder, but because there were no lines at the parks when they opened, we kept going back. But it was FREEZING in the mornings (by freezing I mean 49-50 degrees), which would have been fine if we were in big coats but then it would warm up so we just went in our little jackets. A miracle did occur though - the big girls cuddled to stay warm! Who are these children?
We went to the Animal Kingdom. I was very excited - have always wanted to go there. I like zoos a lot too so it was just the right speed and very enjoyable for me. This is the Tree of Life just past the gates.
Another favorite for all of us who rode it - the Primevil Whirl! Might have been my favorite ride there.
Then we took a safari and I really enjoyed that as well. We saw giraffes...
Warthogs...
Elephants...
including a baby elephant by this very unique old tree...
and rhinos to name just a few of what we saw.
A funny thing though. The safari is taken in an open bus - so about 20-25 people are on the bus. We were in the back. The guide asked at the end what some of people's favorite animals were that we saw on the safari. Reagan raised her hand and I think she said flamingos, which was a bit of a strange answer. Then Ashley raised her hand and said zebras! Everyone got a good laugh because there were no zebras on the safari! Then 5 minutes later Reagan raised her hand and said she wanted to change her answer...to zebras! They were I'm sure the youngest two on the bus but it was so darn cute. They had no idea!
Then we went on this nature tour and got to do some bird watching. Actually at this point I was doing a lot of babysitting - the little girls were acting AWFULLY at this point. Kind of ruined the walk for sure.
The boy and his dog from Up were there!
We went to this bug show - they had movie posters with bug names on them all over the entrance.
The little girls getting ready for the show:
Finally we made it to the Lion King show! It was very good though I thought it was going to be more like the Broadway musical. It was totally different but I love the Lion King and definitely enjoyed it.
We found Pooh and friends hid away in a little spot where there weren't many people. Kaitlyn wasn't really into meeting the characters on this trip. I guess she is too old, but Mackenzie still enjoyed meeting them all. They don't need to grow up TOO fast.
While we were hanging out in the 100-Acre Wood, Mike and Aunt Chrissie rode another coaster. Everest! Actually I'm thinking I would have liked this one a lot.
Love their faces in the coaster photo!
And then the Nemo show! I actually really liked the show. I thought it was neat how everything in it was done by people and all the puppeteering. So from an artistic standpoint it was really amazing.
I would have loved to stay longer but it was our last Disney day and we were heading over to EPCOT for dinner! So beautiful when we got there! They were having their flower and garden festival and it was absolutely gorgeous!
And a wonderful surprise was meeting the EPCOT mascot, Duffy! He's a new mascot and my kids had seen him on the hotel TV and Reagan had fallen in love with him. Her main souvenir was a Duffy stuffed animal so then to get to meet him made her day! She said, "Duffy I have you as an animal!" If I could see inside Duffy's head I think I would see a really confused look on someone's face!
And topiaries are everywhere at Disney but especially at EPCOT! Very neat!
We found this really fun "Oz" playground.
Then we went to the Finding Nemo ride and went to Turtle Talk with Crush the Turtle. We had done that at Disneyland and knew the kids would like it. Mackenzie was asked about how she got to DisneyWorld and Crush was blown away by the idea of an airplane. Then Reagan talked to him about food and told him she liked pizza and cookies and he said that "pizza cookies" sounded awesome. They all thought he was very funny and now love to go around saying "What's up, dudettes?"
After Turtle Talk we found this shark from Nemo. Kaitlyn's face completely cracks me up - I can see her tonsils!! And I'm pretty sure she has the same expression as the shark she's in, not to mention she looks cross-eyed. Funny!
On our way out we knew we were tired and wanted to head back but we really wanted to know what was up in that big EPCOT ball. There was no line at all so we finally decided to go ahead. It is called Spaceship Earth and we all thought it was really cool. It was a very slow ride that takes you through the history of civilization. At the end you got to create your own type of world at the end that included your picture on it. We all thought it was really neat and so glad we went! And now we know what's in that thing that to me has always looked like a giant golfball. So another late night at Disney!











No comments:
Post a Comment