The happiest place on earth. Perhaps. We just got back from a wonderful spring break trip to the mother of all vacations - DisneyWorld Florida! Before I write a million posts documenting this adventure, first let me share with you all that I learned on this trip.
1. Taking TWO kids to Disney is nothing at all like taking FOUR kids to Disney. Taking FOUR is MUCH harder.
2. If you bring an entire pharmacy with you on vacation, you won't need any of it. The one thing you leave at home is the one thing you will need.
3. Kids on leashes are a good thing. These parents should never be judged harshly, and why didn't I buy one before this trip? Why are good parents judged unfairly for wanting to keep their little runners happy and safe?
4. Vacations like this bring out sides to people you may have not seen before.
5. Sometimes you should force your kids out of their comfort zone and sometimes you should not. It can be hard to know when to do which.
6. Either I have outgrown roller coasters, or they have outgrown me. The big rides these days are ferocious! At the same time, I'm not sure I even care.
7. As a mom you have to take care of yourself. I can't make myself sick on a ride because we all know that moms aren't allowed to be sick, especially on vacation. Better pass on anything questionable.
8. It's okay to miss some of the big rides because I'd rather miss those than miss seeing my kids' faces on the rides THEY like.
9. You can do more in the first two open hours of the park than you probably can the entire rest of the day.
10. I can go an entire day in a theme park and not brush my hair. And it's okay.
11. A good haircut and comfortable shoes are invaluable.
12. Chains that are used to section off lines make great swings for kids.
13. A restaurant reservation at Disney only means you will be allowed to eat there at some point in time. A party of 9 will never have a table ready for them. Ever.
14. Kids are just as happy to swim in a new pool, have ice cream, and eat at a breakfast buffet as they are to go to Magic Kingdom.
15. One child can lose a sock in one playground (not to be found), and then lose a shoe in another playground an hour later (thankfully the shoe was at least found).
16. Children are not above revenge and sabotage.
17. Taking ponchos on and off for an entire day is annoying.
18. Cell phones and texting might be the greatest inventions ever.
19. It's okay to wear the same clothes every day if you have to.
20. Adequate sleep and maximizing your time are mutually exclusive.
21. Mickey Mouse hats do not work with bows, rain, or ponchos.
21. Mickey Mouse hats do not work with bows, rain, or ponchos.
22. Sometimes you just gotta live life, no matter what season of life you are in!

Wow! Sounds like quite a trip. I can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete