Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Little Things

February turned out to be an unexpectedly, really busy month. Of course, the big things were our anniversary, Valentine's Day, and rodeo time, but here are some of the little things that have been going on this month.

We took the girl scouts to the Fine Art Museum as part of a painting badge they were working on. That was kind of funny. I forgot that fine arts museums often include naked paintings and statues and other "interesting" artifacts. So we had lots of snickers and a lesson about "art" for the girls. 

Then we set up an art display at home of all the paintings they did. I had brought Ashley and Reagan home from preschool and they saw all the paintings I had set up for the girls. They were all over the whole room. When it came time for the meeting to start, I noticed two extra pictures on one of the walls. The little girls had pulled out dot paintings of cows that they had made that day at school and added it to our gallery. It melted my heart so that I just left them up. They have a hard time watching big sisters have all the fun. They wanted to be included and show off their pictures too!



After preschool a lot of the kids go to the playground (to kill time before elementary pick up). The tire swing is Ashley's favorite thing on the whole playground! She never gets tired of spinning around!  Speaking of tired, she said this to me the other day: "Mom, have you ever noticed how sometimes I don't get tired?" I'm all, "um, yeah....you could say that I've noticed." 



Reagan doing things that kids do.




We've been selling and delivering a ton of Girl Scout cookies!



(This was the entire troop's load.)



We've had a lot of school projects. And I had to recreate a math sheet because Kaitlyn forgot hers. Too bad Mackenzie had already worked hers, otherwise I could have just made a copy. Instead I had to type all the text and then DRAW all these pictures, front and back! The things we do as parents. Of all days to forget a math sheet. Only time this year they've had crazy pictures all over it.



We've been to the pediatrician I'm pretty sure a jillion times since the year started. I've lost count but I'll give it a try. One checkup, now FOUR counts of strep (including Kaitlyn now twice - different strain, oh boy!), two negative strep tests, one rash (apparently an allergic reaction to amoxicillin to clear up the strep), another visit where we got a negative flu test and even RSV test. Plus some lingering coughs that won't go away. Here is Dr. Ashley, ready to give you your exam.



In other funny comments....

Actually the little girls are at a stage where they, especially Reagan, ask me 4,000 questions every day about everything. They have been watching Hotel Transylvania (love that movie, by the way), and Reagan asks me, "Do all vampires turn into bats? Is that their talent?"


Not one of my favorites but Reagan also told me "your nose is pointy. It looks like Despicable Me." Oh yay! Just what I want to look like. I'll admit it - I hate my profile. My nose isn't that bad but it's not the cute little nose it appears to be from the front. It could be a little shorter.


And just this morning the kids were all fighting and Reagan said "Kaitlyn keeps attackling me!"



The other night I made enchiladas for dinner. Believe it or not I have NEVER made them before. Ashley asked "What's for dinner?" Me: "Enchiladas." Ash: "Chihualas? We're gonna eat chihualas for dinner?" (Confusing it obviously with chihuahuas.)


Watched Star Wars last night for the first time with the little girls. We had to answer 4,000 questions. But the funniest statements came from Ashley. I asked her what she thought of Princess Leia's hair and if she thought it was weird. Her response - "No, I like her hair but her VOICE sounds weird." Really??? And then later she asked me a question about Pinochi-okee (Obi-Wan Kenobi)!


Then there's Kaitlyn. Out of the blue the other day I heard her sing, "Brother Jukebox...Sister Wine...." It was only funny to me because I have no idea where she heard that song! I just looked at her a little dumbfounded. What a random song for her to sing.


She also wanted the scissors the other day. Her dad was a bit hard on her, mainly because nobody ever puts anything up. So he asked her what she needed them for. Her reply, "I'm not going to cut up furniture or anything!" Well I'm glad THAT's understood. Then dad asks "how long do you need them for?" And then a classic response from Kaitlyn. "Dad, you can't rush art." Spoken from the true artist, herself.


And in final news, my brother has been doing a little research and has confirmed that we are related to Bill Clinton! Seventh cousins, once removed. My dad and Bill Clinton share the same great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather. At least it's not the OTHER guy. Actually that's pretty neat I guess. I always thought my dad resembled him. What I didn't know was that everyone else in my family always thought that too! My dad's not too excited to know we think they resemble each other. We all agree more in mannerisms than in looks though. My grandmother once she told me about how they were thinking there may be a link based out of her family line and she was right!


1 comment:

  1. Hi- I have two sets of twins also! 8 1/2 year old girls and 4 1/2 year old boy/girl twins. We live in northern Ca. but my husband just got a job offer in Sugar Land, Texas and I found your blog from the multiples club website. Your blog is amazing. I hope to meet you when we move there. It will be fun for our kids to meet at a play date. My girls love gymnastics, ballet, etc. My email is: snowsuzy@live.com. I would love to hear from you if you have time, especially if you have any tips on which neighborhoods are nice to move to...etc. Thank you so much! Suzy

    ReplyDelete