Friday, April 16, 2010

Zoo Babies!

Okay I know they're not babies.  But if they're still in a stroller...close enough.  Last Friday Mike took the day off and while the big girls were away, the rest of us got to play!  I didn't tell them though.  No sireee.  They would have never gone willingly into school knowing we were taking baby sisters to the zoo.  So we dropped them off and off we went!

It was honestly such a perfect day.  The weather was perfect the entire time.  The little girls behaved perfectly and were just content as could be.  The best part I think was that Mike got to spend some quality time with the little girls, which he never gets to do.  From the time they were born, he started spending more time with the big girls while I tended to the babies.  And every time he's home, so are the big girls.  So it never changes.  This was so nice for him to just be able to focus on them.

I'd love to offer a bunch of clever and funny captions to my photos but the truth is it was just a nice day, well-spent for the 4 of us.

Here are Ashley and Reagan watching the giraffes.







Who couldn't resist this guy with his two sweeties?






Check out this lion.  Our zoo is, well, kind of boring.  The animals NEVER do anything.  I grew up thinking that's just how zoos are until I went once to the zoo in San Francisco and nearly every animal was up and doing something.  So, back to the lazy Houston animals.  But this lion was right next to the glass and kept flashing us chops.  Pretty cool to see one so close up!



Onto the children's zoo.  It's actually probably the cutest part of the zoo.





In the petting zoo...but there is this one roped off part and ALL the goats were in there because it was shaded so we only got a couple of pics of them brushing the animals.  So they had fun playing on this little mountain.



Train time! 





Ashley would NOT let me photograph her.  She was having a great time but was being very uncooperative about having her picture taken.  Here she is showing us her pouty frowny face.  She is not doing it full-out but you can see it starting. What's funny to me is, if you look closely there is a hint of a smile there.  She takes frowning to a whole new level, and this smile shows it is really just a game to her and all for effect!

What?  Drama?  Girls?  You're kidding.



But I beat her at her own game.  Gotcha!  Look how happy you actually are!  Silly girl!


I love the zoo.  And I was really happy the last two times I've been to see the zoo really making some significant improvements.  And as for the kids, well, I don't think any of them have ever had a bad day at the zoo.  We go twice a year when the weather's right and never once have I regretted it.

The weather's really starting to get hot now so my fun outing blogs will probably start to slow down.  Gotta get 'em in now while the gettin's good!

Oh, and stay tuned for more zoo pics coming soon.  Big girls are going there for a field trip in two weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had fun.
    I think our Zoo is boring too but thats probably because i have been to it sooo many times and not alot has changed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are all so stinkin cute! You were so smart not to tell the big girls; I'll have to remember that little trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a post about the zoo also! It is such a great trip with little ones. We occasionally sneak in trips while Will is at preschool and never tell him. We may be in trouble when the quads start talking more! Your girls are so cute! Glad they got some good Daddy-time and glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I am glad your hubby got to spend some quality time with the little ones! That day probably meant so much to him, so kudos to you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete