Finally...we had the birthday party! Everyone was feeling great and had a great time! This year somehow I managed to get the big girls to agree on a gymnastics party with a Scooby Doo theme. I have done separate themes before, which ends up not really being a theme at all so I was happy they found a common interest. And they both really do love Scooby Doo!
So the kids all just ran around the gym with a few coaches for an hour. Here are some of the activities, starting with the birthday girls....
The little girls had fun too...
How about a snapshot of the kids at large....
I didn't tackle the cake this year. I was thankful just to be able to leave my house with healthy children and order a cake. No Scooby Doo cakes to be found so we had to improvise. This cake was so yummy!
And as always, Mackenzie's name is spelled wrong. I made sure to write a note NOT to capitalize the K this year (has happened probably 3 times in her 6 years). So it appears they paid attention to that and then forgot the "c" in her name. Oh well, no one noticed, except now I just drew attention to it that will never be forgotten. Why does everyone want my child's first name to be Irish?
Get a big breath girls....now blow!!
Little girls doing just fine...I am so glad they can sit in a regular chair now!
And the birthday girls playing with their Scooby Doo animals that were awaiting for them in the party room.
Notice the big throne? Had to be shared though, thank goodness it was pretty big!
All in all, it turned out great and we had a pretty good turnout. Now we have lots of toys to entertain us the remaining month of summer before we head back to school and things get crazy.
I am not sure I am ready for my girls to be 6 years old. On the one hand, I really love them getting older. I think it only gets more fun! However, I am not ready to say goodbye to their little munchkin baby faces as they lose teeth and get big girl teeth, and their cute little innocent ways.
But in the last 6 months we have been working more on personal responsibilities with taking care of themselves, grooming, etc. Now we are about to add a few more, and I am realizing it is time to start pointing them in a more mature direction when it comes to them acting kind-of baby-like, because once you hit a certain age (like 6) some of those things just aren't so cute anymore.
Of course, my GIRLS are SUPER cute, but they could work a little on being just a BIT more grown up. Some of their gifts this year included several nice pieces of jewelry, jewelry boxes,suitcases, diaries...you know big girl things. Of course there were still plenty of toys, but it seems like an age of transition. First grade, here we come!
What a great party! I love Scooby doo too!! I have pics of the Mystery Machine on my cell phone from one time at Universal Studios, of course I didn't have my camera!
ReplyDeleteYour daughters are all so beautiful! I know the misspelling can be frusterating but just wish for better next year, right?
Yes, it seems once they turn 6 they are just that much closer to double digits and then the pre-teen (tween years!?) and then they are mean, hormonal, nice sometimes, teenagers! LOL
Looks like they all had a ton of fun! They are growing up way too fast!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun party! I'm glad they were both finally well enough to celebrate! Will's b-day is less than 2 weeks away and I'm looking for a Scooby-Doo cake. Wish me luck.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun birthday! It's so cliche, but so true: time goes by so quickly! Now that I have kids, each year seems to go by faster! Happy birthday to your sweet girls!
ReplyDelete