Monday, October 25, 2010

The Dream

So last week we got hit with a stomach bug/head cold around here.  It wasn't THAT big of a deal except the one day I had to stay in bed nauseous all day was the one day I was in charge of a women's dinner at church that night. I found myself calling around frantically that afternoon trying to delegate everything out.  Of all days to have been sick!

Then the next night I got very overwhelmed.  We have had minor sicknesses since school began.  I've had several lingering things, Kaitlyn's allergies have been crazy, Ashley might possibly have reflux again and has had a raspy voice since before school started, Mackenzie has a tickle in her throat that won't clear, and then we all get hit with some stomach bug!  It's one thing on top of another and I can no longer tell when one thing has ended and another has begun. So I'm frustrated because if I went to the doctor I don't even know what I would tell them at this point.

Top that off with Kaitlyn hurting herself every other day and I just got overwhelmed.  So many things having to cancel or kids staying home.  It's really throwing a kink into things.

Then I had "the dream."  You could almost say it was a bit of a nightmare.

I went to bed so frustrated. The next thing I knew I was dreaming that I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, and expecting my THIRD set of twins!  I was entering the later part of the pregnancy and I was looking at my belly and knowing how big it was about to get and once again how hard life was going to get!  All I could keep thinking was "How could I have let this happen?  Especially after it happened the last time!"




And then I guess something in me started to feel very unsettled and I started to wake up.  In that first instant I really wasn't sure if it was real or not.  After all, I HAD lived that moment once before.  Then I grabbed my tummy and this huge wave of relief came over me!  I can't tell you how all the stuff that was frustrating me before just melted away.

Nothing like the thought of having two more babies to put things into perspective!

We're all on the up and up, sort of.  And I'm going to start lining up doctor appointments to get these things resolved, one way or another.  But this tummy bug needs to pass first.  I think we're almost there.  Looking forward to a fun Halloween week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you all are feeling better soon! I've had some vivid dreams like that myself. It's sometimes really scary!!

    I wanted to thank you for your lovely comment Kimberley! I felt like I might have missed my real profession being an educator! LOL! I try to accurately document our travels for future reference. I know I cannot remember where I've been and what I've done as a young child. At least this way my kids will have some record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing (only a little, promise!)! I've had that dream! Not that I wouldn't be thankful if we had twins again...I love it...but one at a time is so much easier! I love it: "How could I have let this happen?"

    Honestly, I thought you were going to say that you were pregnant - that the dream was real!!! ;-)

    Hope everyone gets better soon...for good!

    ReplyDelete