Monday, October 11, 2010

Tidbits

I Do It Backwards – I’m so glad it’s Monday. The weekends just don’t go very smoothly usually. Mike was at scout camp but I don’t think that had anything to do with it. It didn’t help that we had nothing planned. 2 days to just be at home. I guess everyone went stir crazy – lots of fighting, getting into stuff, etc. I let the kids play in the backyard a long time Saturday, but I guess that wasn’t enough. Then Sunday we missed church because Kaitlyn got sick. Finally, just before dinner, we let the kids get out to play. Then we had dinner and family home evening with popcorn! It ended great but pretty much the whole day passed before we did anything.

That happens a lot. I LOVE it when I have somewhere to be in the mornings (not TOO early, of course!) but something that gets us all up and out. But it rarely happens. Instead I get lazy and we end up not doing anything fun til late in the day. Seems backwards I think. Why not get up and do fun kid stuff early? Then no matter what happens the rest of the day we can all feel good about what we’ve already done and just enjoy laying around after that.

Potty Training – I’ve finally convinced Reagan to try panties. No more M&Ms if she’s not wearing panties. Yesterday was great. Today I am remembering why I hate potty training.

It’s Coming Together – I’ve been making a few decorating improvements in the house since school has started. I’m LOVING it! Can’t believe it’s taken me so long. How could I have had nothing on my kitchen windows for 5 years? (Except that I couldn’t find what I was really looking for.) But I’m loving it – my house needs a lot of finishing touches that have been lacking for quite a while.

This room was done (except a few things on the walls which should hopefully be up by the end of the year) in May.  More pics to come of some of my other rooms...

Bedroom window before...(and a year ago we still had paper disposable blinds on them)....



After....



And the rest of the bedroom....I tried long and hard to figure out how to bring in some cool colors to this red comforter.  At the time it was the only comforter out there that I liked.




My Marriage – I need to focus more on my marriage. It’s hard when we are both so stressed out or busy we mainly just say hi in passing. Then settle in to fall asleep watching the DVR every night. Our TV time is getting less and less it seems. We can barely make it through one show.




Just today I started reading The Power of a Praying Wife. I bought it years ago and I am just now getting to it. Last year I started reading books in the carpool line. So glad I finally found a way to fit in some reading time! But until now it’s all been parenting books. And no, I don’t read novels. Ever since I was forced to read A Wrinkle in Time in the 5th grade I have read very little books for pleasure. Magazines and self-help/spiritual only.

Well, it seems like there was more to say but it must not have been very important because I don’t remember any more.

2 comments:

  1. I love Power of a Praying Wife - great book. And good for you for doing some home improvements! It is amazing how a fresh coat of paint or a new color can make your room look totally new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I absolutely love your window treatments!!! They totally make the room look more cozy and comfy!!! Most of our windows don't have treatments on them but when we move (IF we move), I'm definitely putting up curtains or at least valances!!

    I also love getting up on the weekends and having somewhere to go or something to do first thing. Just sitting around the house makes all my kids grumpy, which makes me cranky!!!

    ReplyDelete