Friday, October 1, 2010

Toddler Talk

Just a bit of the funny stuff the little girls say:


Ashley:




She's really into all things Dora and Swiper these days.  She likes to take things from people and then run off with it and say "Ha! Ha! Ha! You'll never find it now!"

She's also picked up a few Spanish words from the infamous Dora, so when she goes to get in the mini-van, she stands there shouting "Abre!" Then I hit the open button from my remote, it opens, and she gets all excited and shouts "I did it!"  She thinks her shouting "abre" is really opening the door.

Lastly, she's suddenly aware that when Mom's around she sometimes has to stop doing what she wants to do. So now when I enter the room, she looks at Reagan and shouts "Run!  Ahhhhhhhhh!" and she goes running away from me.   Or I hear her say as I'm approaching, "She's coming. Run!......"


Reagan:



Says all of our eyes (all blue) are "blue cheerios."

She's also the new cookie monster (replacing her big sister Mackenzie).  I can't keep her out of the food. It doesn't matter where I put it, she gets it.  It's getting very annoying.  The cookies are out of control.  Last week I was taking a shower and thought they were both nicely sitting in my room watching TV. Somehow they'd snuck out of the room and had almost finished an entire bag of circus cookies.  Yes they were both eating but Reagan was definitely the instigator.  This week she's had her fair share of cookie thievery as well.

"Just nuffing."  So when Reagan's getting into something like cookies, cheese, or yogurt, or doing anything else that she's not sure if I would approve of, I'll ask, "Reagan, what are you doing?" Her answer is always the same: "Just nuffing."

 The other morning I'm helping the big girls get dressed and she suddenly leaves the room. I ask where she's going, "Just nuffing," she replies.  Five minutes later, she comes back, has a seat and shortly after we all go downstairs together for breakfast. That's when I notice a wrapper for a piece of cheese left behind.  So that's what she went off to do at 7am - get a piece of cheese.

And both of them call Chick Fil A, "Chik a Lay."

And lastly when anyone is not behaving or does something wrong (including Mike or myself), they both start fussing at the offender and shouting "Bad...bad....baby!"  Even funnier because that's not exactly something I say.

4 comments:

  1. Ashley looks adorable in that photo; she is so cute!

    My trick to both food control and naptime - childproof door locks. I have them on the pantry and I threaten to put them on anyone's door who leaves their room for a non-emergency during naptime. So far, it has worked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Toddler talk!" It is so much fun seeing what words phrases kids pick up. Good job writing these down. Their funny now, they'll be hilarious when the girls are older.

    I laughed out loud at Ashley yelling, "Run!" when you come into the room. hysterical.

    My whole family has "blue cheerios" too.

    Your girls are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reagan looks so different in the photo in the side bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me on M&M!! I had a busy, busy day yesterday and didn't get to send you a message, but it made my day!!

    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete