Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Darndest Things

The little girls have been making me laugh lately. A few memorable things they have said:

Reagan:


I was trying to back out at Chik Fil A one day and though I was already half out of my parking spot, cars just kept bending over backwards to get around me where they nearly didn't fit instead of just graciously waiting and letting me finish backing out. I admit I kind of hollered at one lady because I was getting fed up and it was all just really unnecessary. Reagan must have had my back because she said in her little munchkin voice, "Mommy, those peoples are stupid." Normally I would have told her we don't say that about people, but...well I think she was right. I just had to laugh.

I was at the pool with friends and I was not on the same side of the pool as her when she hollered out "Mom.....I gotta go potty!.....And it's poop!" That's when all eyes looked up and I kind of did one of those faint little half laughs. It was funny but embarrassing.

She has been singing "I am a child of God" quite a bit. Or at least trying to. It's very sweet but the other kids are sick of it.

My mom has always had this way of kissing me that leaves a big smacking sound near my ear. I love my mom but I must admit I have never liked what I call "the ear smack." Reagan managed to give me one of those so I said, "Hey, that was an ear smack!" Now she purposely tries to do it every time but then gets it mixed up when she asks, "Mommy, was that an ear bonk?"

Before we went to our vacation to Lost Pines (which is in Bastrop, TX by the way - the heart of all the horrible Texas wildfires right now - I wonder how the resort has been affected), she said "I wish we could go back to the hotel with that naked lady with the yucky bottom." Hilarious! She's actually quite perceptive if you think about it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my blog from June:

http://twosetsallgirls.blogspot.com/2011/06/port-aransas-preview.html

Ashley:


She's been full of stuff lately. Some funny words she says are "bazoo" (zoo), "balana" (banana), "bessert" (dessert), and "pilano" (piano). Overall she seems to like b's and l's.

(Reminds me of Kaitlyn. She used to say "fresert"(dessert), "fremote" (remote), "fidg-e-ator" (refrigerator), and "alligator" (elevator). Just had to include those since that was before my blogging days.)

Ashley gets mad easily. When she does she either makes growling, spitting faces, or says "You're making me so mad of you!"

She kept telling me over the course of several days "My hands don't smell like CREEK." ???? I couldn't imagine why she kept saying that. Then somehow we figured out that Mike had told her to wash her hands one day because he said they wreak!

Her new word is "weird." Ashley and Reagan have been having me sing a lullaby at night (they can't quite let go of babyhood I guess). One night after I finished Ashley said, "Mom - THAT. was weird." Oh. Okay. Since then she said it about my shirt. "That shirt is weird, Mom. It is NOT a beautiful shirt." And she said it about a car that had bike racks on top. It's funny.

I've also noticed that when they watch The Little Mermaid, at the end when Ariel and Eric get married and kiss, Ashley hollers out "Germs!"

Last night Kaitlyn lost one of her top teeth and Ashley was concerned about the tooth fairy. "Mom, is the tooth fairy going to come to our house? I mean, for real?" She must have asked me "for real" 10 times. So yeah, she's coming for real. Then she said "I don't want her in our house. If I see her walking down the hall, I'm going to scream!"

Goodness! I don't think we need to do all that. Luckily the tooth fairy was quiet as a mouse and there was no screaming in the night.

Well, that is all for now. Every day there is something new to make me laugh!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, your kids are funny!!!! I love that you've written all these down to share with them someday!

    Ashley saying her hands don't smell like creek cracked me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I love hearing the things that come out of kids' mouths.

    The potty talk? So embarassing. The kids love to (loudly) make comments if I use a public restroom. "Mommy are you going pee-pee or poo-pee?" "Mommy you are pee-peeing A LOT!" "Mommy are still on the potty?!?" etc... etc... Kind of funny later, but very embarassing.

    I love Ashley getting "so mad of you!" and telling you your singing was weird-- you have a little Simon Cowell there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I love the things kids say--best entertainment around!

    I wanted to let you know that I'm going private on my blog(at least going to try it) and if you'll e-mail me at brownpaper_packages.com I'll send you an invite!

    Sweetpea

    ReplyDelete