I must admit it's a little odd living as an adult in the same place you grew up. I never thought I would do that. Not that it wasn't a great place to grow up - I just thought I would be somewhere different.
But the fact is we do live in the same city I grew up in, and it just made sense then to live in the same part of town as my parents. We made this decision BEFORE we had kids, knowing that we would be glad when we started a family. I had NO IDEA at the time that I would have twins or have to rely on family as much as I have.
That being said, it's a little strange. On the one hand I have solid opinions on certain places that have been tried and true forever, but it also keeps me from looking at things that are good and new.
I also find myself putting my girls in activities that I did myself. I'm trying to get them to try everything, but ultimately they're spending most of their time in...gymnastics, dance, and swimming. With the occasional sport mixed in. Sounds very familiar.
Recently I enrolled them in my high school's dance team clinic. The very drill team (now dance team) that I was on. I remember US putting on the clinic. Not only that but my director is still there. She was a newbie when we were there.
They have a great reputation. I've seen the fliers every year but thought my girls were too young to enjoy it. But this year, I signed them up!
It was crazy to go back into my high school, look all around, see what's still there and what's new. Crazy to talk to my former director. Crazy to watch these high school girls and revert back 20 years in my head for a few minutes. Hard to believe I could ever kick my leg up like this!
All in all, it was a cute event. They danced to "I Want Candy." Kaitlyn probably would have rather spent her Saturday playing with stuffed animals and doodling. Mackenzie, though, wanted to know why they don't have it every Saturday! From what I remember, I know they are rather busy!

No comments:
Post a Comment