Well I must have gotten cocky. Or overconfident. Or just plain crazy. I don't know how it happened. I haven't felt this kind of stress in a long time. Reminds me of the working world. For 7 years life has been hard because day in and day out is just hard. I don't take on stuff because there was no way to fit anything in.
But lately I've been feeling wonderful balance in my life! Life is really good! I can volunteer at the school, from time to time. But wait - one room has hardly any volunteers. Okay I'll step up and be the room mom. I thought that just applied to holiday parties and distributing information. Now weekly help is needed and only one other person to do it. So I agreed to trade off. It's not a big deal really. It's actually working out just fine.
Kaitlyn's been wanting to have a Halloween party. She's been talking about it for two months. So I say okay. Date scheduled and that's in the planning.
I get asked at church to speak on Sunday October 30th. Now I am starting to feel some pressure. It IS Halloween weekend. Hubs and I ARE having an overnight trip to the TCU game that Friday. I guess I will just have to have it all prepared before I go.
There are other things of course. Church primary program this Sunday. Fall festivals on Saturdays. Preschool Halloween party. Elementary school field trip. And all the other usual after school stuff. And I was asked to be on the church Christmas party planning committee.
And then....
You know what happens when you complain about how the girl scout troop should be formed and actively going by now? You emerge as the troop leader!
Yes, that's right. I think I can handle it - my main worry was about what to do with the little girls during meetings. Still worried about that. But now trying to coordinate, get trained, find a place, set a time, etc is like trying to pull off a miracle and still start this troop in a timely manner. Now I am freaking out. But I just realized all this last night. So before I completely freak out I have been spending my day with my calendar, scheduling stuff, emailing people, filling out forms. The best way to relieve stress sometimes is to start doing the things hanging over your head.
I will get there. But I don't think I'm going to have time to breathe until Halloween's over. And I have a kid home sick today - hopefully it doesn't put any real kinks into anything.
Wow, I am impressed you volunteered to do all of that; that's a lot of commitment! But, your girls will remember how involved you were when they get older and it will mean so much to them.
ReplyDeleteAs always, thanks for the motivation to for me to be better!!
Wow! I am overwhelmed just reading it all. Good for you stepping up and volunteering for so much. I hope you are able to enjoy it! I also hope your sick daughter gets better quickle and doesn't pass it on to anyone else.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap, I'm feeling overwhelmed for you just reading about it. That's why I try to avoid eye contact with anyone at the school out of fear that they'll try to recruit me.
ReplyDeleteBut see, your kids will have fond memories of how active you were in their classrooms and at church while mine will forever be asking, "Mom, how come you never baked a cake for the bakesales or helped in our classrooms?"
I got tired just reading through the list! Phew!
ReplyDeleteI tend to burn the candle on both ends also and in the heat of the moment I almost always think "What was I thinking!" but afterwards I'm always glad I did!
In the end we have to do what makes us happy!!
Breathe, move thru one thing at a time. Then especially important, be in that moment as it's happening & not thinking about the next thing on the list. You'll miss experiencing what you worked so hard at being a part of if you do that. And know that if you DO miss something, it won't scar them for life, so don't revisit any mistakes, just let them go! Have fun, because we know these years fly by!
ReplyDelete