We need to start our own border patrol in my house. Nope, I'm not worried about illegal immigrants. It's my wallpaper border that needs 24/7 security! Here is the latest from our downstairs 1/2 bath (the one that all our guests use):
Of course, I saw it was starting to peel up so I pulled the kids in and warned them not to touch it. What was I thinking? I might as well have just said - ooooohhhhh, look at this wallpaper! Wouldn't it be so neat to peel it off? Because that's exactly what one of them did in retaliation to not getting her way about something.
Today I glued it back together. It was three pieces. It looks like crap. But it at least looks better than the big white spot in the photo.
And if only this weren't the first time. Some of you may recall a blog from about a year ago.
http://twosetsallgirls.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-threw-binky-away.html
Since then the room has been redone and yet another middle of the wall border is in its place. I don't plan on redoing either of these for a while so they better have learned their lesson!
Ugh! We decorated Will's old nursery with a border around the middle. One day I heard him wake up from a nap, but then he quieted down and I figured he had fallen back to sleep. I went in about a half hour later to find him sitting in his crib surrounded by bits and pieces of the border he had pulled off. He was so pleased with himself!
ReplyDeleteSince then I have sworn- No low borders until the kids are at least teenagers!
Mine would definitely think that was an invitation to peel it off!
ReplyDelete