Okay, it began a LONG time ago. But now may be the beginning of sibling rivalry taking on a new form. So far my older girls' rivalry really has been over my attention, toys, and taking turns (I will elaborate on those joys another time). But yesterday at school was a completely different story. First of all I was so excited to learn that Kaitlyn won 4 tickets to the museum from her school for being the lucky winner of the school's Science Question of the Week! Funny thing is, I was literally writing down their answers and stuffing them into their folders as I pulled up to the doors to drop them off. Talk about last minute! The school takes all the correct answers and enters them into a random drawing and my Kaitlyn won!! She was so excited and had a great day!
Unfortunately her lucky day was overshadowed when the teacher brought them to the car at the end of the day and she explained that while they were in line Mackenzie hit Kaitlyn in the face! She told Mackenzie that just because it's her sister the school rules still apply and next time she will have to go to the office. After 45 minutes of trying to drag out the whole story, Mackenzie hit her in line because even though they were both trying hard to be quiet, Kaitlyn was one of several children whose name was called out for being quiet. But Mackenzie's wasn't. I guess for Mackenzie that was it. She had had enough of Kaitlyn getting all the attention for one day. And of course we all know the real issue here was winning the drawing, not getting called out in line. Not to make Mackenzie look like the bad one here, Kaitlyn is equally capable of such behavior. But I guess this is the real beginning of the two competing for all kinds of things. I can see it now - grades, sports, activities, boys (don't even want to think about THAT one!).
Hopefully one good thing is that they have very different interests. I imagine they will pursue completely different activities as they get older, which would be great because then they wouldn't have to worry about who was better at what.
No comments:
Post a Comment