Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Disneyland 2009 - Day 5


Our last day...we spent it at California Adventure....




Mike and the girls in A Bug's Land. Or whatever it's called. Very cute but after 2 days at Disneyland I think our girls have finally outgrown these rides.




Check out Mackenzie on the bridge (it was REALLY high) - she had no fear - just charged along!




Kaitlyn did it too but was MUCH more cautious, watching every single step!




Kaitlyn on the zipline! Yippee!!!!!!!




Mackenzie on the zipline! I was very nervous letting the girls do this. The main reason because at the end the pulley hit a stopper and the children were just popping backwards. I could just see my tiny 4-yr-olds (who just barely met the height requirement) being jolted and letting go and landing flat on their back at high speed! But after MUCH warning from Mommy, they held on tight and did great!



The Aladdin Show! This was a GREAT show. Too bad Mike had to miss it. We didn't plan very well - our original idea was to go back to our hotel before the show and take a break. But we kind of got a late start so we didn't grab Kaitlyn and Mackenzie's princess dresses that they wanted to change into for their princess dinner. In order to prevent complete devastation, Mike had to forego the show and go back to the hotel for his princess's dresses.



Dinner at Ariel's Grotto! It was very fancy but de...lish! We had great seats too to see all the princesses. Here are Kaitlyn and Mackenzie with Kaitlyn's favorite princess - Snow White!



Here they are with Mackenzie's favorite princess - Sleeping Beauty! Funny thing - Mackenzie waited her whole trip to meet Sleeping Beauty and as soon as she comes to our table, Mackenzie, who is ALWAYS talking, can't seem to get enough to eat. She just sits back down and gets back to her meal with Sleeping Beauty having a conversation with Kaitlyn. I think she was just so used to being hurried along she didn't realize Sleeping Beauty was giving her some extra time.



And MY favorite princess (well, she is a tie with Cinderella) - Belle! Maybe I should have gotten in the picture too. But I thought her dress was the prettiest so I had to post her picture too. Doesn't she look like Julia Roberts?



Uhhhh....sigh....here we are. Just finished our dinner and ready to make our way back home. A trip of a lifetime, memories made, already done. I get nostalgic and a little sad that it has already come and gone. But I take comfort in the fact that in just a few years, we'll be heading for Orlando to take ALL the girls. Until then....so long to Fantasyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment