Saturday, September 12, 2009

Disneyland 2009 - Days 1 and 2


What a great trip! It's taken me 3 1/2 months just to write about it. Before I forget the details, here goes....


Kaitlyn and Mackenzie after their first airplane ride. They did great on the plane. Mackenzie did dot-to-dots the entire 2 1/2 hours. The pics inside were ugly because they had big wads of gum in their mouth, so I used this one instead. I think Mackenzie only swallowed about 4 pieces. I was worried about Kaitlyn the whole time because her sinuses were TERRIBLE on the trip. Not to mention her post-nasal drip that we had no idea would be around the ENTIRE summer. She did this clearing throat hacking thing about 5 times a sentence the whole trip. Really noticeable when you're in the same room with her for 5 days straight! But bless her heart - it didn't keep her from having a great time!

Also on the first day I have to mention it really was planes, trains and automobiles. As if getting to California and our hotel wasn't enough, we tried to just go to dinner. (We gave up on our original idea of swimming in the Peter Pan pool - the whole reason we stayed at the hotel farthest from the park - because it was freezing!) So we were told to take the Monorail to the park and there you can switch and take a bus to go eat. Not true! The monorail actually took us right into the middle of the park and we used up a day's ticket on accident. Luckily we had an extra day on our pass so it didn't matter. Suddenly we found ourselves in the middle of Disneyland surrounded by thousands of people and no idea how to get out. We finally head in the right direction and we find ourselves going the opposite way of the Main Street Parade! Not what we had in mind at all - just wanted a nice dinner after a day of travel and seemed nearly impossible. Finally got out - decided to forget the bus idea - and took a cab. Could have taken a cab straight from the hotel and saved an hour and a half of walking. Oh well - we went to Bubba Gump's - a favorite place for Mike and me! And then we even headed into Downtown Disney and saw the movie Up, which turned out to be a great movie. Now onto the good stuff....


So onto Day 2! Finally at Disneyland with the intent of staying. Mackenzie and Kaitlyn aboard the Disney train - Toon Town - here we come!


Disney train with Mommy. Daddy almost got in trouble for holding up the train and not sitting down!

Yeaaaaa....Toon Town! The kids had a lot of fun going in all the cute houses. Here we are with the man of the hour - Mickey himself at Mickey's house!

Mike and Mackenzie on the Dumbo ride. Kaitlyn and I are in front. I didn't do so well on this one because I had just done the teacups. Way too much spinning in one hour. Bleh.....I also must mention that Kaitlyn hated the teacups because she didn't want an adult to go on with her, so I am sacrificing my equilibrium for my kids' happiness, only for one of them to hate the ride because I am on it with her. Go figure.



Kaitlyn and Mackenzie modeling their new Mickey Mouse hats! Notice how different - Kaitlyn goes with the standard Mickey Mouse hat, and Mackenzie's is pink princess Minnie with a crown and vail flowing down.


Mackenzie's highlight - the Sleeping Beauty castle! Sleeping Beauty is her favorite princess! I think we went in the castle 3 times. The first time she was pretty scared to go all the way up because you could hear the evil Maleficent and see her shadow! But she finally figured out no one was going to get her so she kept going back. She loved the open book as you came out that changed Sleeping Beauty's dress from pink to blue to pink and so on!

Kaitlyn at the end of a long day. We opted to not rent strollers. Overall it worked out great but the kids were definitely not used to that much walking!



Mackenzie at the Monorail waiting to go back to the hotel. We had to turn in early after a long and busy day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it sounds like it was a successful trip! We love Disneyland!! Toon Town is awesome, isn't it?? Did you take the girls to have lunch with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto? We did that last time and the kids LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete