Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Creatures of the Night

This post is really just for me because I thought it was funny. Last night I am sound asleep and I feel the tapping on my face. (That's how it starts.) I look up and see not one child but two, standing side by side with their arms by their sides like two little soldiers. I look at the clock. 2:30 a.m. Then I hear this:

Kaitlyn: "Mommy - Reagan is crying."

I listen and there is no baby crying. All is quiet.

Mommy: "Oh - I don't hear her."

Kaitlyn: "Oh - she was crying when I walked by her room."

So I conclude Reagan must have heard Kaitlyn going by and cried for a second and then stopped.

Mommy: "Kaitlyn, why are you up?"

Kaitlyn: "Um...I don't know."

Mackenzie: "Can we watch TV now?"

Mommy: "No, it's the middle of the night. You girls need to go back to sleep."

Mackenzie: "Oh. I didn't know it was the middle of the night."

Mackenzie, who had been sleeping on the couch, must have heard Reagan, then seen Kaitlyn and gotten up. Suddenly now that school has started they are getting up in the dark so that must have confused her.

Mackenzie goes potty and disappears.

Mommy: "Kaitlyn, why don't you go potty so you have a dry diaper in the morning?" (Yes she is still in a pull up at night.)

Kaitlyn: "Um, I'm thirsty."

Mommy: "Well, just get some water out of the sink with your hand."

Kaitlyn disappears. No one comes back. I woke up this morning and Kaitlyn is in her bed with no memory of the night's events and Mackenzie is in our floor in her make-shift little bed that we leave for her. She does not like to sleep in her bed but we won't let her sleep in ours. Funny kids. They were two confused little people.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny!! One of my kids walks in his sleep too and never remembers it. It's kinda creepy b/c I'll wake up in the middle of the night to see him standing in front of me, just staring into space. Freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete