Well, I'd love to say this was a great day, but Day 4 mostly was a disappointment. Everyone was on edge, the girls were fighting and not cooperating, and the weather was not cooperating. But hey, not every day can be perfect!

We started off bright and early with breakfast at Goofy's kitchen. Well, the food was delicious! I certainly gotta give them credit for that. Just wish more characters had showed up. Even though it was our scheduled time apparently it was too early for some of them to get there. But it all was fine. Got some cute pictures at least!

Now, onto the beach! We had built in two days to soak up that glorious California sun, only to never see it! The first day we missed out on our swimming. This day we had rented a car, booster seats, the whole nine yards. Drove down to Huntington Beach. I imagine it is gorgeous on a bright sunny day but it was cold and dreary the day we were there. If only I weren't a complete whimp when it comes to being cold. But I am. So here is Kaitlyn in the FREEZING water in the cold air having the time of her life! You would never guess that the whole car ride to the beach she complained every 5 minutes about how cold she was. She gets to the beach where it really IS cold and she just strips down and jumps in the water!
Mackenzie decided the water really was too cold for her. And since she loves to be a knucklehead in the sand that suited her just fine for a while.
Then Mike buried them in the sand for warmth (though Kaitlyn was more than happy to stay in the water). If you look closely you can see the raindrops in the sand. And no those are not really their feet sticking out.

Kaitlyn and her impish grin.

And Mackenzie - for some reason she does not like to look at the camera even though she loves to take pictures. For every picture I get of her looking at the camera, I probably take 5 others first with her looking away. Still cute though, don't you think?
We decided to call it a very short day and take cover.
No comments:
Post a Comment