Friday, September 18, 2009

Do I really need to come out of the pantry?

Lately Ashley and Reagan really have had a thing about closing doors, and anything else that can open and close. Sometimes I peak in the pantry for something and before I am completely out of there, they are closing the door on me....hard! It doesn’t help that there is a built-in spice rack on the inside of the door and they just keep ramming it into my back. But today I was a little further in than normal. Maybe it was because the spice rack had already pierced my spine twice so I decided to step up just a bit and avoid the physical punishment I was enduring. Slam! And the door was shut. And I was inside. I was just about to get onto Ashley (I think that’s who was doing it), when I realized…all was quiet. The big girls were watching a movie. I don’t really know what the little girls were doing but they must have been happy for some reason. Maybe they were delighting in their accomplishment that they had “locked” Mommy in the pantry.

And then it occurred to me. Why should I come OUT of the pantry? No one was pulling the pants off my legs. No one was stepping on my feet or driving ride-on toys over my toes. No one was hitting me in the face with blocks just for kicks, or dive-bombing me with their little bodies. Nobody was fighting or whining. Nobody was asking me for snacks. Snacks! Wait a minute – I was staring at all the snacks! You mean I could open up something to eat and 4 little girls wouldn’t come running over wanting everything they could get their hands on? That’s when I decided to relish in the moment. Just for a few minutes. I bought a bag of cinnamon sugar donuts the other day – a little guilty pleasure – and decided this would be the perfect time to have at it! So good! And no one was the wiser. It’s hard to eat in peace, but now I know the perfect solution! Now I just need to figure out how to eat my dinner in there!

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, Kimberly, you are totally on to something good with this post! You should consider sending it in to Twins Magazine to be published...seriously!! If I had a walk-in pantry, I'd be spending a lot of time in there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! What sweet girls you have...thanks for your comment....How fun! We really have been so blessed...how fun to meet another mother of 2 sets that's lds. I have 2 other friends that have 2 sets as well....your girls are all so cute! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete