Sunday, September 13, 2009

Disneyland 2009 - Day 3

Day 3 begins....


Riding the Monorail into the park.



Kaitlyn driving Mommy. I think I won bad mom of the year award on this ride. Mike thought it would be funny if I tapped them. In spite of all the signs saying not to bump the car in front of you, I did and poor Kaitlyn smacked her nose on the steering wheel! I felt so awful!




As much as I'd love to post ALL the photos we had with the characters, since there are so many I'm just posting a few. This one was funny. My girls love Peter Pan! But when they saw Captain Hook come along at Minnie's breakfast, Mackenzie hid under the table! She was certainly afraid of Captain Hook. But after she saw that he was nice to Kaitlyn, she decided it must be okay and came out of hiding.




This started a day of crazy dancing! First at the breakfast and then later at the parade. But Kaitlyn was a lucky girl to get dance with Minnie during the breakfast!


My two cuties with Minnie! So precious!




Daddy and the girls with the Matterhorn Bobsleds in the background. I would NEVER have guessed that would be their favorite ride. Against my better judgment I let them go on because they have to sit with us and we hold them. Even with that I thought it was much too fast! But then they wanted more coasters. We did a couple more and decided no more for the little girls. They had hardly any control over themselves because they were just too fast! I could just see them flying out or breaking their necks. No more! Sorry girls. There were plenty of other things to do.



Mommy enjoyed the Jedi training show. Darth Vader, storm troopers, and all! We weren't close enough to be in the show but had good seats at the food pavilion while we took a break.




Stay off the rails!! I wonder how many times I told them to quit climbing, get down, watch out for other people, etc. Of course, I realize there is nothing else to do while you're waiting in those very long lines. But sometimes it was worse than others. I think it is the one thing that truly drove me crazy on the trip.


Tarzan's treehouse! Kaitlyn and Mackenzie had a lot of fun in there. It was very cute and lots for them to do. As much as we all loved the rides, we found lots of play structures which was great to just let the kids run around and be kids for a while.

The highlight of Day 3! The Main Street Parade! Oh my gosh - I think this might have been the highlight of the year for all of us. After waiting forever to get a good seat, it was so worth it! Not only did the girls get to see some of their favorite characters, Mary Poppins (which we had just seen the movie the week before) stopped and danced right in front of us, and her friend (the Dick Van Dyke character whose name I don't know) danced with Kaitlyn and Mackenzie. Then this Disney dancer pulls them out into the parade to dance and did they ever have a great time!


I think the look on Mackenzie's face says it all. Didn't get a good shot of Kaitlyn though the video is priceless. I think she was about to explode! Love her disco moves though!


And the finale...a conga line with lots of kids. What a fun time! After the parade Mike and I took turns on the Indiana Jones ride - so far the coolest ride I've ever been on. Also worth the wait! And when it wasn't my turn to ride, I got to take Kaitlyn and Mackenzie in the Tiki Room. Who knew they would have loved it so much they would make Dad take them again while I had my turn in the Temple of Doom?

No comments:

Post a Comment