It seems like the big girls are having so many important moments lately. Many of them are "firsts" in their lives. It's so much fun but at the same time making me realize how much they are growing up! They have changed a ton since the beginning of the school year.
Last week they had field day. Much of it was like I remember of my own field days. They actually really lucked out. Normally it is scorching hot by now but it was a very overcast and breezy day. Here are just a few pictures from some of the games. I was only there 2 hours and they didn't get started for about 1 hour.
First they started the day off with the school parade. Kaitlyn's class was Mrs. Crowley's Cool Carrots and Mackenzie's was Mrs. Sowell's Super Stars! Both of my daughters got to help carry their class banners!
There was a brief moment where I actually saw both of them playing duck duck goose with another little girl and I was so happy to just see them playing happily together! Plus I actually got a picture of them together when they were mostly separate for the whole day.
After a long wait the games finally began....
It started off with the normal stuff. Hold the ball between your legs....
Sack race....
And then the games started to get a bit more interesting. Put on a pair of gloves and then unwrap and eat a tootsie roll.....
And this was by far the strangest. Each team had to pick up this strange skinny little pig with 2 sticks and run down and back with it. Kaitlyn along with a few others figured out the trick to doing it right....
This was my favorite! These giant donuts really functioned more like those sumo-wrestler outfits that you see on gameshows and stuff. The kids would ram each other like bumper boats and then go rolling and they couldn't get up. My video is actually pretty funny! Several of the kids were completely upside-down with legs just kicking out of the top. Of course as I'm videoing all the moms rush over to help Kaitlyn and I just keep filming! I suppose I should have rushed a little more quickly to her aid but I'm pretty sure she was doing it on purpose and I knew she wasn't hurt.
I think both the girls said their favorite game was one where you pass a wet sponge over and under but I had already gone home to join the little munchkins by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment