But he gets hit with another double whammy the first week of May every year. My birthday is May 3rd. His mom's birthday is May 7th. Mother's Day usually falls just a few days after that, for which he has to come up with more ideas for me AND his mom. So in one week he has to do something special for each of us twice. Poor guy. That's why I'm fine with flowers for Mothers Day. But you know, I think instead of something tangible, what I would really love is the day off. That's pretty hard to do with the kids so little, but it sure would be wonderful to get out of bath and bedtime duty for the night. And the cooking is a given. So we'll see what the weekend will hold. Probably nothing too out of the ordinary. He did surprise me with a big family dinner on my birthday. More about that later....
Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, happy Mother's Day! I did my husband a favor and ordered my own Mother's Day gift this year (I should do a post about that), but you are right. I really just want some time off. I know four 20 mo olds and their 4yo brother are a lot for a day, but just the morning would be nice. Sleeping in would be a wonderful way to start Mother's Day.
Hope you enjoy yours!!
Happy Birthday! Happy Mother's Day, too! A day off would be nice. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHubby and I seldom do something wonderful on Mother's and Father's day! If I get flowers I will be happy. Unless I leave the house there is no way I will get "time off".
ReplyDeleteMay IS a whammy of a month for your hubby! Poor guy! I would love a day off too (*snort* and *sigh*). I DO get to go grocery shopping tomorrow, which affords me some time alone. Oh well! ;-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day!
Well it sounds like none of us will really get a break. Ahh but we can dream, can't we?
ReplyDelete